Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 MileagePlus Elite Status Granted Even Though Short of PQM/PQS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mgcsinc
A note about getting your hopes up: 2013 status is valid through the end of January. The iPhone app is apparently showing people's current status as valid through 2015, which is a possible glitch. Unless you've gotten a clear notice from UA, or seen an affirmative increase in status beyond what you're entitled to, don't assume UA is doing you any special favors.
Print Wikipost

2014 MileagePlus Elite Status Granted Even Though Short of PQM/PQS?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, SPG
Anyone gotten bumped for 2014 despite falling short of PQM/PQS requirements?

Happy New Year everyone! Since we're now in 2014, I'm curious to see if anyone has received a bump in status despite falling short of that status's required PQM/PQS. What have people experienced or heard thus far?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 1, 2014 at 6:38 am Reason: started new thread; thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: United 1K
Just got an email from a friend - she did!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:20 am

Was platinum last year but was about 7700 miles short this year. Checked this morning and I am platinum for this year!

ps Happy New Year everyone!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hangten2k
Was platinum last year but was about 7700 miles short this year. Checked this morning and I am platinum for this year!

Your last years status is good until the end of Jan or Feb. My Father was my MM designee last year but due to an illness will not be flying anymore. I changed to my Mother but my Father still has 1K status, most likely till the end of the month.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by hangten2k

Yes, I would not count on this as you will see your 2013 status until the end of this month. Sorry.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by eyuro
Your last years status is good until the end of Jan.
Yah, does anyone actually know how to determine the 2/1 status right now?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by caiken
Well if you are plat/1k you can see if you got the additional RPU/GPUs would be an easy way.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
You can look at your statement plus recent activity (9/30-date). A bit kludgy, but the Sept. statement has PQM through then, and you can add up more recent activity.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
I was 1K and flew ZERO revenue flights in 2013. Via the iPad application, it shows me as 1K through 2015 (definitely took a screenshot) but I did not receive any GPUs.

If true, that is awful nice of them. If not, oh well.

Used to be clear that status went to end of February, then January. Rules now say it is for the Calendar year.. So to have the extra month or so seems like an opportunity to reduce costs so I am surprised United haven't done it yet.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by oblisk
Well if you are plat/1k you can see if you got the additional RPU/GPUs would be an easy way.
????, what RPUs or CPUs? You get them when you hit the mileage threshold.....and no free RPUs to 1K's or MM's at the beginning of the year anymore
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by boifromtroy
I was 1K and flew ZERO revenue flights in 2013. Via the iPad application, it shows me as 1K through 2015 (definitely took a screenshot) but I did not receive any GPUs.

If true, that is awful nice of them. If not, oh well.

Used to be clear that status went to end of February, then January. Rules now say it is for the Calendar year.. So to have the extra month or so seems like an opportunity to reduce costs so I am surprised United haven't done it yet.
Are you sure you are not looking at the mileage expiration date? Your premier status will always expire on 1/31 of the following program year. So, status earned by 2012 activity expires on 1/31/2014 and status earned by 2013 activity will expire on 1/31/2014. I cannot see anything related to my 2014 status on the website nor the iPad/iPhone app.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wouldn't this be a more appropriate thread to begin on 2/1 when status resets?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by LukeRB
Happy New Year everyone! Since we're now in 2014, I'm curious to see if anyone has received a bump in status despite falling short of that status's required PQM/PQS. What have people experienced or heard thus far?
I was told by an United Service Director that there is an unofficial policy that was in effect last year and was confident will be around this year, too, if someone is short up to 750 miles of Gold or Platinum, that they will be upgraded but that it cannot be done until the end of the first week of January. So, it's a bit premature to share that at this point. As I'm 316 miles short of Platinum, I can report back if that will actually happen. My online status still displays Premier Gold.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
On the iPad app, I went to display my card and it had a valid until 2015 date on it.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:48 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
short of calling and being explicitly told (or having PQM evidence of meeting a threshold), I would suggest it is premature to assuming status granted short of the normal thresholds based on present displayed status / membership card.
Remember in 2012 -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ds-merged.html

But glitch aside, status (except stepping up a level) is not available until 1 Feb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.