FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2014 MileagePlus Elite Status Granted Even Though Short of PQM/PQS? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1536557-2014-mileageplus-elite-status-granted-even-though-short-pqm-pqs.html)

LukeRB Jan 1, 2014 5:07 am

Anyone gotten bumped for 2014 despite falling short of PQM/PQS requirements?

Happy New Year everyone! Since we're now in 2014, I'm curious to see if anyone has received a bump in status despite falling short of that status's required PQM/PQS. What have people experienced or heard thus far?

uber1K_Flyer Jan 1, 2014 7:38 am

Just got an email from a friend - she did!

hangten2k Jan 1, 2014 8:20 am

Was platinum last year but was about 7700 miles short this year. Checked this morning and I am platinum for this year!

ps Happy New Year everyone!

eyuro Jan 1, 2014 8:28 am

Originally Posted by hangten2k (Post 22061500)
Was platinum last year but was about 7700 miles short this year. Checked this morning and I am platinum for this year!

Your last years status is good until the end of Jan or Feb. My Father was my MM designee last year but due to an illness will not be flying anymore. I changed to my Mother but my Father still has 1K status, most likely till the end of the month.

JNelson113 Jan 1, 2014 8:30 am

Originally Posted by hangten2k (Post 22061500)

Yes, I would not count on this as you will see your 2013 status until the end of this month. Sorry.

caiken Jan 1, 2014 8:31 am

Originally Posted by eyuro (Post 22061534)
Your last years status is good until the end of Jan.

Yah, does anyone actually know how to determine the 2/1 status right now?

oblisk Jan 1, 2014 9:09 am

Originally Posted by caiken (Post 22061543)

Well if you are plat/1k you can see if you got the additional RPU/GPUs would be an easy way.

drewguy Jan 1, 2014 9:36 am

You can look at your statement plus recent activity (9/30-date). A bit kludgy, but the Sept. statement has PQM through then, and you can add up more recent activity.

boifromtroy Jan 1, 2014 9:56 am

I was 1K and flew ZERO revenue flights in 2013. Via the iPad application, it shows me as 1K through 2015 (definitely took a screenshot) but I did not receive any GPUs.

If true, that is awful nice of them. If not, oh well.

Used to be clear that status went to end of February, then January. Rules now say it is for the Calendar year.. So to have the extra month or so seems like an opportunity to reduce costs so I am surprised United haven't done it yet.

mikel51 Jan 1, 2014 9:58 am

Originally Posted by oblisk (Post 22061707)
Well if you are plat/1k you can see if you got the additional RPU/GPUs would be an easy way.

????, what RPUs or CPUs? You get them when you hit the mileage threshold.....and no free RPUs to 1K's or MM's at the beginning of the year anymore :(

kenn0223 Jan 1, 2014 10:04 am

Originally Posted by boifromtroy (Post 22061925)
I was 1K and flew ZERO revenue flights in 2013. Via the iPad application, it shows me as 1K through 2015 (definitely took a screenshot) but I did not receive any GPUs.

If true, that is awful nice of them. If not, oh well.

Used to be clear that status went to end of February, then January. Rules now say it is for the Calendar year.. So to have the extra month or so seems like an opportunity to reduce costs so I am surprised United haven't done it yet.

Are you sure you are not looking at the mileage expiration date? Your premier status will always expire on 1/31 of the following program year. So, status earned by 2012 activity expires on 1/31/2014 and status earned by 2013 activity will expire on 1/31/2014. I cannot see anything related to my 2014 status on the website nor the iPad/iPhone app.

demkr Jan 1, 2014 10:06 am

Wouldn't this be a more appropriate thread to begin on 2/1 when status resets?

Phoenixtinct Jan 1, 2014 10:16 am

Originally Posted by LukeRB (Post 22060958)
Happy New Year everyone! Since we're now in 2014, I'm curious to see if anyone has received a bump in status despite falling short of that status's required PQM/PQS. What have people experienced or heard thus far?

I was told by an United Service Director that there is an unofficial policy that was in effect last year and was confident will be around this year, too, if someone is short up to 750 miles of Gold or Platinum, that they will be upgraded but that it cannot be done until the end of the first week of January. So, it's a bit premature to share that at this point. As I'm 316 miles short of Platinum, I can report back if that will actually happen. My online status still displays Premier Gold.

boifromtroy Jan 1, 2014 10:25 am

On the iPad app, I went to display my card and it had a valid until 2015 date on it.

WineCountryUA Jan 1, 2014 10:48 am

short of calling and being explicitly told (or having PQM evidence of meeting a threshold), I would suggest it is premature to assuming status granted short of the normal thresholds based on present displayed status / membership card.
Remember in 2012 -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ds-merged.html

But glitch aside, status (except stepping up a level) is not available until 1 Feb