Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to book LH F awards? when available? issues? {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2024, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is How to book LH F awards? when available? issues?
Print Wikipost

How to book LH F awards? when available? issues? {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by RoyMan
had an interesting issue booking a F ticket today..a one way saver (DEN-ORD-FRA-CDG) feb 5/6 was pricing out at 80k..called it in and they didnt see any F available on ORD-FRA. So I booked it online while on the phone and they adjusted it so it was the correct first saver amount.

Pretty excited though..first time (and prob last due to deval) flying LH F
Did it actually ticket?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by villox
Did it actually ticket?
Yup even have my LH res and its showing up on their site fine too.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by RoyMan
Yup even have my LH res and its showing up on their site fine too.
Sorry I misread your date and thought you said 5/6 as in May 6 and thought maybe you snagged a unicorn

Enjoy though!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Cohall
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigasiannd

Booked ORD-FRA on LH F about 13 days out. Another question, doesn't United usually charge a change fee for and upgrade from J to F on the same plane without any other changes? I was changed $50 as a Premier Silver, but I had another change in the itinerary.

Any change within 21 days (other than cancelling/redepositing) is $50 for a silver. Multiple changes at the same time just all get lumped together in the single fee.

Curious, did you book for the 4th or 5th? I'm trying to move from J to F on that route on either of those dates, and the availability I though I saw is now gone.

Can I blame you
Thanks. No, I am leaving in the next few days.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
What carrier is NH?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by tasnam
What carrier is NH?
All Nippon Airways

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airlin...airlineCode=NH
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Cohall
Is it 100% that if United.com shows an LH F award available, but ANA does not, that it is phantom availability?

I have this situation currently, and don't want to spend forever on the phone (given I'm a GM and the recent storms are causing havoc with the call centers).

Thanks for your input.
Yes, it must show as available on ANA to ticket. Even within T-14, I've seen phantom availability on UA.com. So, the moral of the story is: ALWAYS double check ANA.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Thank you......

WOW (IMO) is ANA a tough site to figure out!!!!!
I cannot even find out where to find award tickets!

Any suggestions on which page I can look for award availability???
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thank you......

WOW (IMO) is ANA a tough site to figure out!!!!!
I cannot even find out where to find award tickets!

Any suggestions on which page I can look for award availability???
Here
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by boat9781

Thank you boat9781 !!!!!!!

I have an account but zero points. So it appears it will not let me search for an award.

If I transfer 1,000 MEM Rewards from AMEX, will that let me search for an award? Or do I have to have, say 100,000 (enough for the award) to do a search for a Star Alliance partner flight?

I really do appreciate your help.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:36 pm

for checking O inventory on LH flight departing within 24 hours, I use AC and AV tools.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:23 pm

Thank you boat9781 !!!!!!!

I have an account but zero points. So it appears it will not let me search for an award.

If I transfer 1,000 MEM Rewards from AMEX, will that let me search for an award? Or do I have to have, say 100,000 (enough for the award) to do a search for a Star Alliance partner flight?

I really do appreciate your help.
You first search for an "ANA International Flight Award", for example, from PEK to NRT. You can do that without any points. Then, on the results page you click on "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines", and change the search to your desired origin/destination.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by ioananv
You first search for an "ANA International Flight Award", for example, from PEK to NRT. You can do that without any points. Then, on the results page you click on "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines", and change the search to your desired origin/destination.
Awesome - thank you.

I will try that.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: A3 Miles&Bonus Gold
I have booked an award ticket in F/C on LH/AC/JJ: AMS-FRA (C), FRA-EZE (F), SCL-EZE (C) on january 28/29th, and SCL-EZE (C) on Feb 2, and EZE-GRU-FRA-AMS (C) on Feb 4th. However I would like to return in F class from EZE, so I am waiting till F award shows up on Feb 4th, however I noticed something in my reservation: All changes must be made prior to the departure date, or the ticket has no value.

Is that true? So I only can make changes to my award tix before departure? So if availibility in F from EZE to FRA shows up after I departed, I can not change my return portion from C to F?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by Africodagga
I have booked an award ticket in F/C on LH/AC/JJ: AMS-FRA (C), FRA-EZE (F), SCL-EZE (C) on january 28/29th, and SCL-EZE (C) on Feb 2, and EZE-GRU-FRA-AMS (C) on Feb 4th. However I would like to return in F class from EZE, so I am waiting till F award shows up on Feb 4th, however I noticed something in my reservation: All changes must be made prior to the departure date, or the ticket has no value.

Is that true? So I only can make changes to my award tix before departure? So if availibility in F from EZE to FRA shows up after I departed, I can not change my return portion from C to F?
That's the least of your problems (and not true). After 2/1 the redemption rates in F go up 80% on partners. If your changing ANYTHING on the ticket except the dates, they will ask you for a lot more miles. Since your moving from C to F they will require the NEW F redemption rate. In your case around 50,000 miles more one way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.