Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to book LH F awards? when available? issues? {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2024, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is How to book LH F awards? when available? issues?
Print Wikipost

How to book LH F awards? when available? issues? {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Originally Posted by colpuck
What day? I'm on FRA-IAD in F next week as well.
Next Thursday.
Nice. I have the Monday flight.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: A3 Miles&Bonus Gold
I have a question. It is Thursday today, two days ago (Tuesday) I booked an award ticket (AMS-FRA-GRU on January 28th) through the Phone. I logged into my MP page today to find out that my ticket has been confirmed however it has not been ticketed yet. The miles are not even deducted from my account yet. How long would it take normally to ticket a reservation? Should I be worried about my reservation in F? What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by colpuck
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Nice. I have the Monday flight.
Good.

May end up changing depending on situation in BKK..
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Africodagga
I have a question. It is Thursday today, two days ago (Tuesday) I booked an award ticket (AMS-FRA-GRU on January 28th) through the Phone. I logged into my MP page today to find out that my ticket has been confirmed however it has not been ticketed yet. The miles are not even deducted from my account yet. How long would it take normally to ticket a reservation? Should I be worried about my reservation in F? What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Yes, I would be concerned about this.

Call the 1K desk and have them look into it. While ticketing is not instant now, it should not take a couple of days. Something is amiss here....
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Came home yesterday HKG-MUC-FRA-IAD in LH F. Booked at ~4 days out. As I continued to hope for HKG-FRA to open up, I started poking around. LH gives away *much* more space at ~24-48 hours out now. Morning-of, almost every single FRA-USA departure was available for *2* seats in F.

I think they've hoping to sell more seats and keep the cabin a bit more exclusive. Up until yesterday, all but one of my 7-10 LH F flights (mostly the IAD-FRA route) had been 8/8 full. Yesterday, HKG-MUC was 2/8 (just us) and FRA-IAD was 6/8, so with an entirely too small sample size to mean anything: it may be working.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
What is wrong today with UA IT system It does not show F availability on LH when doing a connection via FRA or MUC despite having availability on ANA tool and always pick the UA flight !!!???
Old Jan 17, 2014, 5:29 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
If you have an award in F with a LH C segment that later change to F, or want to change to F if it opens up, I recommend calling LH to make sure they see your change, and don't take UA word for it that your now in F. I had an LH flight FRA-MCO last month that was part of an F award, so I was waiting for F to open up so I could upgrade the segment. I made that change about 10 days prior, and everything looked fine on UA's website. But I could see both segments on LH site, one in C and one in F. According to LH I was booked twice on the same flight, and I needed to get UA to fix my ticket. UA kept saying everything looked fine on their end, I should just wait and the old C segment would drop off automatically, or the LH website was just wrong. When the check-in window opened for my LH flight, I tried checking in and knew something was wrong when I was presented with seat selection for the biz cabin. This time i called UA again from the CDG lounge and got someone who sounded like she was barely awake, but to her credit she called LH and someone there was able to delete the problem C segment and fix the ticket, but only because it was within the check-in period. Before that they would not touch the ticket. If I waited and tried to check-in in person it might have been too late. Moral of the story, UA's and LH's computer res systems might not talk well to each other, so you should call LH to make sure that your ticket reflects any changes that you make.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Just snagged FRA-ORD T-36hrs out.

Somewhat related - if FRA-SFO is F2 (SFO is my final destination), does anyone know if the LH agents in FCT would be able to put me on the FRA-SFO flight even if LH doesn't release O availability on it? (Also, I'm a GM on UA so would rather prefer to avoid another change fee for my award ticket)
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does UA have a courtesy hold for F award booking on LH when I do the reservation on the phone and the seats are available or it must be an immediate issue of the ticket?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by ac737
Just snagged FRA-ORD T-36hrs out.

Somewhat related - if FRA-SFO is F2 (SFO is my final destination), does anyone know if the LH agents in FCT would be able to put me on the FRA-SFO flight even if LH doesn't release O availability on it? (Also, I'm a GM on UA so would rather prefer to avoid another change fee for my award ticket)
In my experience, no. They told me (politely and apologetically) that since UA issued the ticket, only UA could change it and offered me a telephone with a direct line to UA. UA said no, and I didn't feel like spending my morning in the lounge trying to escalate it.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:26 am

Is it 100% that if United.com shows an LH F award available, but ANA does not, that it is phantom availability?

I have this situation currently, and don't want to spend forever on the phone (given I'm a GM and the recent storms are causing havoc with the call centers).

Thanks for your input.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:11 am

Whats the highest number of F award seats anyone snag on one flight and what route was it?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA
Booked ORD-FRA on LH F about 13 days out. Another question, doesn't United usually charge a change fee for and upgrade from J to F on the same plane without any other changes? I was changed $50 as a Premier Silver, but I had another change in the itinerary.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by bigasiannd
Booked ORD-FRA on LH F about 13 days out. Another question, doesn't United usually charge a change fee for and upgrade from J to F on the same plane without any other changes? I was changed $50 as a Premier Silver, but I had another change in the itinerary.
Any change within 21 days (other than cancelling/redepositing) is $50 for a silver. Multiple changes at the same time just all get lumped together in the single fee.

Curious, did you book for the 4th or 5th? I'm trying to move from J to F on that route on either of those dates, and the availability I though I saw is now gone.

Can I blame you
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
had an interesting issue booking a F ticket today..a one way saver (DEN-ORD-FRA-CDG) feb 5/6 was pricing out at 80k..called it in and they didnt see any F available on ORD-FRA. So I booked it online while on the phone and they adjusted it so it was the correct first saver amount.

Pretty excited though..first time (and prob last due to deval) flying LH F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.