Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2014 Thread]...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2014, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
A new thread has been started for 2015; please see: Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]

Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

These are the two rules for this thread:
1) Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to other threads if the question deserves its own thread.

2) Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:
United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary
Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2014 Thread]...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by buttking
So ive made 1k this year and want to try out the GPUs. But seems that I have to use a certain fareclass (eg: W). That would bring my itinerary up about $600... which is like a 80% increase. Am I missing something here??? or is the GPU just really a scam to get you to spend more!?!?!
The W fare restriction for international has been there for MANY years, even pre-merger. It is nothing new.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:22 am

Anyway to pull up a lx booking done with UA awards on the SWISS website?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So ive made 1k this year and want to try out the GPUs. But seems that I have to use a certain fareclass (eg: W). That would bring my itinerary up about $600... which is like a 80% increase. Am I missing something here??? or is the GPU just really a scam to get you to spend more!?!?!
Sounds like an Asia route where you can currently get a K or L for around $800 vs. $1300+ for the W.

Would you rather pay $800 and sit in coach for 12+ hours or an extra $500-600 for a lie-flat in business class?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: 1k
Congratulations on your 1k.
You will be spending more money now to maintain it.

My "W" Asia fares LAX to HK are $600 more then coach RT.
For me it is worth it to be flat.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Elchay
Anyway to pull up a lx booking done with UA awards on the SWISS website?
If you look at your reservation on united.com, you can get your LX PNR. Look for the note This reservation contains partner flights. View additional confirmation numbers. Take that to the LX website and you should be able to bring it up.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Is there some sort of promo dealing with taking a picture of your MileagePlus credit card? I landed in ORD yesterday at gate B2 and there were ads in the jetbridge. Unfortunately I was moving quickly, but as I went by, the ads seemed to be stating something about taking a picture of your MP credit card on your mobile phone and getting some sort of bonus miles. I really wish I had paused and taken a look. As I walked thru ORD I looked for any other ads about it and found none. I don't see anything on the UA page or on the Chase page.
I happened to go out of B5 yesterday and saw the same ad and was able to answer my own question:

https://www.gosoftcard.com/offers/chaseunited.html

Up to 4k bonus miles
Old Dec 31, 2014, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If you look at your reservation on united.com, you can get your LX PNR. Look for the note This reservation contains partner flights. View additional confirmation numbers. Take that to the LX website and you should be able to bring it up.
Got it, thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.