Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
If you pick up that nickel does it come off your PQDs?
What was the a/c number? Since it's United, it might still be there and although I'm semi-retired, I still remember how to bend over.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
For a flight at that hour? Get some food at IAH to be safe!
So as a follow up to my question posted last week...

UA 1094
IAH-MEX
Dinner - at a 9 pm scheduled departure

Overall I was pleased by the service and the food. Chicken and rice was moist and flavorful, pie was good, and the roll was served warm.

PDBs offered

Warm mixed nuts and drink

Chicken on Mexican rice, with salad and green beans

Pie for dessert
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Ah yea - forgot it was "int'l" so you get a meal. If it was domestic at 9pm, you'd be OOL.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Ah yea - forgot it was "int'l" so you get a meal. If it was domestic at 9pm, you'd be OOL.
Or on a 1600 mi flight in UX when the snack boxes in coach are more filling than first =P But hey ,as of 5 months ago, they were "planning" to serve something better in UX F, no updates since!
Old Dec 27, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, US, AA, DL
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Have no udea about BOS, but ORD - YVR is definitely long enough for a meal of it leaves within the right hours.
keitherson, if you're still looking for info, can confirm that ORD-BOS is still a meal flight at the right hours. Your vegetarian wife would've been out of luck as our dinner options (UA1626, ORD-BOS, 12/27 were a chicken salad or a warm "Bruschetta sandwich." No photos, unfortunately, but I chose the "Bruschetta sandwich" and found it absolutely delicious. I did not receive a PDB on this flight, but I was standing by and expect I would've had I boarded with group 1 rather than after group 5.

Earlier, I received PDB choice of orange juice or water on UA4907, BWI-EWR and UA4894, EWR-PIT, both operated by Republic, with snack mix on the second flight. Mainline UA1530, PIT-ORD offered PDB and a few passes of the snack basket.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: DL DM
has the snack for EWR-ORD been upgraded as well or is it the usual cous cous mozzarella thing?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA GS
Worse Food for Leisure Markets?

I just flew MTJ-ORD on Saturday, and I was seated in F. The meal listed was lunch, so in line with the new premium cabin catering upgrades I expected a choice of salad or sandwich served with soup.

The FA indicated that only the repulsive chipotle chicken wrap had been catered. This was served with a small bag of Cape Cod potato chips, a packet of flavored mayonnaise, a sealed plastic package of Dole papaya and pineapple pieces, and no soup. All, except for the chips, inedible in my estimation.

This is a nearly 100% leisure route with no competition. Is there an even more sub-standard catering program for such flights?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
With the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nessfirst.html thread open, time to close this thread.

Bon Appétit
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Whoops, I didn't get around to uploading my pictures in time to post in the 2014 thread (now closed). Here are my last couple of domestic meals.

12/21 IAH-SFO
Boeing 757-300
9:05pm departure

Snack - chilled Southwestern chicken (no choice)

Really liked this snack - chicken was tender yet flavorful. I thought it was quite substantial.

12/30 SFO-IAH
Boeing 737-900
10:55am departure

Lunch - roast beef sandwich (other choice was the strawberry fields chicken salad)

I've already had the strawberry chicken salad, and wanted to try something new. The taste was decent, with cheddar and a horseradish sauce. But a lot of the beef was very chewy. Mushroom soup was good. And I know people have commented on being served bread with bread, but I did appreciate having bread to have with the soup!

It is a very, very brown meal. Wish it had some kind of green to liven things up a little, even a sprig of parsley somewhere!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.