Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA GS, MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
That's because they make you pay for food in Y. Now if the F cabin had an a la carte menu ?????
They do! It's called the snack basket.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by liddy0021
They do! It's called the snack basket.
^ I believe it was stated elsewhere that the UA snack basket would "make US Airways proud." Enough said.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:17 pm

What is served SEA-SFO noon departure?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
What is served SEA-SFO noon departure?
Sub-900 miles at noon is the snack basket with chips, cookies, chocolate or fresh fruit.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...st/dining.aspx
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:53 am
RJ1

UA 1153
LAS-DEN
6:13am dep
"Refreshments"

PDB
Scone
Beverages

UA 112
AUS-DEN
4:40pm dep
"Refreshments"

PDB
Snack Basket (bananas, potato chips, Walker ginger cookies, Tolblerone)
Beverages
Old Aug 11, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
8/8 SFO-ORD. Don't recall the flight number, but it was lunch. Cut it too close to pick something up in the terminal. Choices were some salad or "chicken wrap". Went with the latter. Bad. Luckily, vodka tonic is borderline impossible to screw up.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Flew p.s. last night JFK-LAX. Typical menu: beef tenderloin, roasted chicken, or mezzaluna pasta. Both Mrs. PV_ and I had the beef and it was actually quite nicely cooked and tender. The sauce was salty and the green beans accompanying the entree were undesirable. Better than average caesar salad starter along with the "sashimi".
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Flew HNL-EWR yesterday and was served:

Snack 2 tomato slices, some chopped up red bell peppers, 3 mini mozzerella balls and 2 slices of what looked like prosciutto but was told it was sopressata.
They also handed out either a cookie or scone, it was in the little paper and i didnt get it so unsure which it was.

Breakfast was the breakfast sandwich with fruit cup and yogurt.

Awesome for a 9:30 minute flight
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Weez_1000
Flew HNL-EWR yesterday and was served:

Snack 2 tomato slices, some chopped up red bell peppers, 3 mini mozzerella balls and 2 slices of what looked like prosciutto but was told it was sopressata.
They also handed out either a cookie or scone, it was in the little paper and i didnt get it so unsure which it was.

Breakfast was the breakfast sandwich with fruit cup and yogurt.

Awesome for a 9:30 minute flight
I can't believe it got worse. The two-choice dinner was bad enough.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Has anyone heard anything further about the supposed revamp of UA's menus that was introduced by this thread in March? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...2014-a-17.html
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:33 pm

Hey FYI no more lemons or limes available on United Express flights. Effective Aug 1st according to the FA on one of my flights last week.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Has anyone flown EWR-LAS recently? I assume its considered a transcon, any idea what would be served for lunch/dinner any big difference? I hope theres at least a sundae. Its a decently long flight over 5.5 hours scheduled
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
Has anyone flown EWR-LAS recently? I assume its considered a transcon, any idea what would be served for lunch/dinner any big difference? I hope theres at least a sundae. Its a decently long flight over 5.5 hours scheduled
Curious too. I am flying in a few weeks the 8am EWR-LAS and then the 4pm LAS-EWR. I'm bringing a friend who is most accustomed to NZ J and want to know how to prep her.
Not about the sundae (gag)

Last edited by JVPhoto; Aug 14, 2014 at 1:02 pm
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.1MM
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
I hope theres at least a sundae.
Do they offer sundae on domestic first class flights? I've never had them before.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Curious too. I am flying in a few weeks the 8am EWR-LAS and then the 4pm LAS-EWR. I'm bringing a friend who is most accustomed to NZ J and want to know how to prep her.
Not about the sundae (gag)
This is not considered a transcontinental route. UA is very strict in this regard. You've pretty much gotta go from one state that borders the Atlantic Ocean to a state that borders the Pacific Ocean or visa versa. You'll receive the standard mid-con fare on these routes. No sundaes. Cookies at meal time after lunch or dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.