Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by demkr
Paid first SFO-MSP and back. My mistake.
At this point it's becoming humorous that anyone would pay full F on this flight. Status be darned, in the future, I am very seriously considering flying Delta in the future.
That soup looks utterly disgusting.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

At this point it's becoming humorous that anyone would pay full F on this flight. Status be darned, in the future, I am very seriously considering flying Delta in the future.
If you think it's bad now wait til UAX picks it up with the E175. I see a box--carbs in your future!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Did you pay full F or get a P or A fare just a bit more expensive than coach?

----

I think the UA lunch looks better than Delta - pizza is nice, but a big salad with balsamic dressing and a bowl of soup is preferable to what DL offers...

The return "snack" is a travesty.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D257 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Did you pay full F or get a P or A fare just a bit more expensive than coach?

----

I think the UA lunch looks better than Delta - pizza is nice, but a big salad with balsamic dressing and a bowl of soup is preferable to what DL offers...

The return "snack" is a travesty.
Yeah it is. Oh well. Maybe I'll lose a pound :-). Full F for this trip,
Though usually i book in P for this route.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
7/23/14 ORD-SFO
Choice of Chicken Sandwich or Salad with prawn; both with French Onion soup

FA came to us and said we have a chicken sandwich or salad today but truthfully, only have the salad left. I am Gold MM and my wife has no status. Truthfully, glad to have the salad.

7/29/14 LAS-IAH
Choice of Beef sandwich or salad with chicken; both with French Onion soup.

Only managed to get 1 salad, the "sandwich" was inedible
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:10 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by indo79
7/23/14 ORD-SFO
Choice of Chicken Sandwich or Salad with prawn; both with French Onion soup

FA came to us and said we have a chicken sandwich or salad today but truthfully, only have the salad left. I am Gold MM and my wife has no status. Truthfully, glad to have the salad.

7/29/14 LAS-IAH
Choice of Beef sandwich or salad with chicken; both with French Onion soup.

Only managed to get 1 salad, the "sandwich" was inedible
Was your LAS-IAH a lunch or dinner flight?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by RJ1
Was your LAS-IAH a lunch or dinner flight?
both lunch flights
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by liddy0021
Has anyone taken this route lately?
Eat before you board.

It's lunch, one entree, no choice, usually a pasta and not good at all.

I see someone's been painting grill marks again

Status be darned, in the future, I am very seriously considering flying Delta in the future.
Have you checked out the DL schedule? I took one look and that was it for UA on this route. No more being forced to burn an entire work day on the outbound - I can spend a full day at the office, catch the 5:30 p.m. ex-SFO, and be on the ground in Minnesota by 11:30 p.m. It's 3.5 hours in Y, which I can survive, or a $400 buy-up RT to F.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
new F entree options?

chicken sandwich and prawn salad sound like new domestic F entrees and people are already complaining?
Has anyone had these aforementioned items yet?
Anything but the beef burrito and chicken bouquet is somewhat exciting in the world of UA midcon F dining!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
chicken sandwich and prawn salad sound like new domestic F entrees and people are already complaining?
Anything but the beef burrito and chicken bouquet is somewhat exciting in the world of UA midcon F dining!
Agree. The sandwiches seem like a new addition, in fact reminds me of what pmUA offered before the merger. The prawn salad has been around before and after the merger.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Likely wrong.

Shrimp salad is nothing new.

Chicken "sandwich" is likely either the calzone, wrap, bouquet, etc - all euphemisms for the same crap that never changes.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Likely wrong.

Shrimp salad is nothing new.

Chicken "sandwich" is likely either the calzone, wrap, bouquet, etc - all euphemisms for the same crap that never changes.
This.

FA said it was a chicken sandwich, I did not see the actual thing, and beef 'sandwich' was a wrap, my fault.

Essentially same old crap that has never changed in years.

That said, FAs on both flights were great and did what they could, even apologetic about the same old choices
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:07 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by indo79
This.

FA said it was a chicken sandwich, I did not see the actual thing, and beef 'sandwich' was a wrap, my fault.

Essentially same old crap that has never changed in years.

That said, FAs on both flights were great and did what they could, even apologetic about the same old choices
The same thing happened to me. I can't for the life of me figure out why they call it a "sandwich". That thing is so uninspired.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: United 1K
Slightly off topic but I fly PDX-ORD in coach (first long coach flight in ages) but what struck me was how much better the fresh food choices in coach are compared to what I've been served in First.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
Slightly off topic but I fly PDX-ORD in coach (first long coach flight in ages) but what struck me was how much better the fresh food choices in coach are compared to what I've been served in First.
That's because they make you pay for food in Y. Now if the F cabin had an a la carte menu ?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.