Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
I noticed I had a wine glass on a recent breakfast flight.... seems like the new United's catering isn't interested in polish.
Some of the wine I've been served in F recently tastes like polish.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
I noticed I had a wine glass on a recent breakfast flight. Seems if Jeff wants to save a few pennies, loading fewer wine glasses (esp on the trays) for breakfast flights would make a lot sense. I mean, they don't serve bread on a plate - they cheap it out with a bowl - seems like the new United's catering isn't interested in polish.
Unless something has changed, the wine glass, at least on the cold cereal tray setup, is supposed to be used for the FA to pour the milk carton into. Typically with the hot option, it is used for water. So in this case it appears to be just a lazy FA.

I understand the theory about loading fewer wine glasses to save money, but its kind of like the empty bowl. They are provided on the tray setup so the outstation, assuming they are a catering location, can use them for another meal.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA PS, AA GLD, SPG GLD, PC PLT, CC GLD
LAS-IAH, 1:31 PM: Lunch, Choice of cheeseburger or chicken salad. Came with the chili chowder (pretty tasty soup, lackluster entree)
IAH-BWI, 7:09 PM: Snack, small cold antipasto dish.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:03 pm

Service in Business YUL-EWR

Hi - I'm flying United from Montreal - Newark on an afternoon service (EMB170) in business class. What kind of meals can I expect. Flight departs at 4:55pm.
Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
No meal. Just a snack basket passed around.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
Hi - I'm flying United from Montreal - Newark on an afternoon service (EMB170) in business class. What kind of meals can I expect. Flight departs at 4:55pm.
Thanks
Meal? You're joking right?

You will get 1-2 small packages of pretzels (no snack basket on UX) and a round of drinks.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:06 pm

There should be a delicious salad plated to order with your choice of dressings. Four entree choices. Sundae cart plus a wide international cheese selection. Oh and don't even get me started on the wine list!

Seriously? It's a 45 minute flight on an RJ. Get a bag of chips before you get on board and hope the flight doesn't cancel.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
You get a drink, a snack and a 45-minute ride from Canada's finest city.

Last edited by fjfv19; Jan 16, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Exact contents of the box(PM)...

Pita chips
Acai Chocolate covered blueberry
Unedible cheese spread
even weirder hummus in a tube
no name milk crackers

you are only on a 45 minute flight... try 3.5/4 hours on one of these during dinnertime

Last edited by SKYEG; Jan 16, 2014 at 2:34 pm
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by fjfv19
You get a drink, a snack and a 45-minute ride to Canada's finest city.
Are you Quebecois? Totally debatable :P
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I hope you didnt actually pay for this and thought it was somehow "business" class. There is more legroom in 7A on these flights :P

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 16, 2014 at 3:24 pm Reason: image not compliant with TOS
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
YOu can expect some poutine and a nice smoked meat sandwich. (Provided you buy it in the terminal once you get thru customs).
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I had not realized that they were running any 2-class aircraft on that route. If your flight still has an F cabin, understand that this is a micro-haul on a RJ. There are no meals of any kind. Snack box means there's a package of hummus or somesuch. Snack basket means you pick stuff out of a basket they pass around.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Often1
I had not realized that they were running any 2-class aircraft on that route. If your flight still has an F cabin, understand that this is a micro-haul on a RJ. There are no meals of any kind. Snack box means there's a package of hummus or somesuch. Snack basket means you pick stuff out of a basket they pass around.
I can assure you there are no snack boxes or baskets of any kind on the EWR-Canada flights.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by entropy
YOu can expect some poutine and a nice smoked meat sandwich. (Provided you buy it in the terminal once you get thru customs).
My friends from Montreal that also live in New York expect me to buy extra smoked meat sandwiches from the Lester's in the transborder terminal and carry them on the plane with me whenever I am returning home. I expect them to extend the same courtesy to me on their return trips. I'd carry on poutine but I wouldn't put my fellow passengers through that scent, even if only for an hour.

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Are you Quebecois? Totally debatable :P
Born and raised! I stand my ground and could debate it all day but I don't want to hijack this into an OMNI thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.