Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Going away this weekend, have plenty miles, where should i go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Going away this weekend, have plenty miles, where should i go?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question Going away this weekend, have plenty miles, where should i go?

leaving 27th returning the 31st.
thanks
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by BDLORD
thanks
"I am hungry, have plenty of money, what should I eat?"

Do you have any specifics whatsoever? Do you like cold weather? Do you like warm weather? Where are you originating? Do you like to ski? Do you like to golf? Isn't this a personal question?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K
European Christmas markets. There's LH F availability on 12/27 MCO-FRA. Dunno how you'll get there, not sure what city you're based in. Also dunno what to tell you about 12/31, uh, maybe LHR-IAD in UA GlobalFirst?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by fjfv19
"I am hungry, have plenty of money, what should I eat?"

Do you have any specifics whatsoever? Do you like cold weather? Do you like warm weather? Where are you originating? Do you like to ski? Do you like to golf? Isn't this a personal question?
Nope and I'm comfortable with eating anywhere as long as it's good.

NYC area
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Nope and I'm comfortable with eating anywhere as long as it's good.

NYC area
The northern part of South America or Central America are both accessible from NYC and good for a few days - Colombia (Bogotá, Cartagena), Ecuador, Panama, et al. I've done short weekends there a few times.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Europes's not bad for a short trip either.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
thanks
Go anywhere you can get LH F. Don't waste your miles with UA F or J.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Worth flying to Central America?
Columbia might be fun
Have relatives in Germany and UK
thanks

^
Originally Posted by fly747first
Go anywhere you can get LH F. Don't waste your miles with UA F or J.
^

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 26, 2013 at 1:27 am Reason: merge
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K- RCC
FRA first class terminal would be decent choice...
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Worth flying to Central America?
Columbia might be fun
Have relatives in Germany and UK
thanks
You could do Bogota out of EWR for 105k miles (standard outbound, saver return). The weather's better in Medellin. You can get there one stop through PTY on Copa out of JFK. How's your Spanish?

Cartagena you will have trouble finding a hotel this close to New Year's. It's crazy this time of year.

UA is being really stingy with award space right now, so Rio and Buenos Aires appear not to be options (unless you're willing to burn a whole lot of miles for standard awards).

ps. It's "Colombia"
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
You could do Bogota out of EWR for 105k miles (standard outbound, saver return). The weather's better in Medellin. You can get there one stop through PTY on Copa out of JFK. How's your Spanish?

Cartagena you will have trouble finding a hotel this close to New Year's. It's crazy this time of year.

UA is being really stingy with award space right now, so Rio and Buenos Aires appear not to be options (unless you're willing to burn a whole lot of miles for standard awards).

ps. It's "Colombia"
thanks, se habla un poquito espanol
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Columbia might be fun
^^
Number 9 train uptown will get you there in 30 minutes. Another 15 to the Medical center.

Stand clear of the closing doors ...
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Number 9 train uptown will get you there in 30 minutes. Another 15 to the Medical center.

The girls are much prettier in Colombia.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LaserSailor

You're about a decade too late.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:37 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee

ps. It's "Colombia"
I wouldn't come to Bogotá for New Year, it's empty here, everyone has left for Christmas. Medellín might be a bit more lively.

Agree with Kacee, you will not get accommodation in Cartagena at this time of year unless you want to pay silly money for average hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.