Wiki Posts
Search

United Contact Customer Care

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
United Contact Customer Care

Are you supposed to receive a confirmation email after you fill out a complain on the United Contact Customer Care website (www.united.com/feedback)? I have done that twice and have heard nothing from them. The first time was in mid Oct.
Is there a phone number (other than leaving a message) that I can call to reach a live person?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LisaH
Are you supposed to receive a confirmation email after you fill out a complain on the United Contact Customer Care website (www.united.com/feedback)? I have done that twice and have heard nothing from them. The first time was in mid Oct. ...
no

Originally Posted by LisaH
.... Is there a phone number (other than leaving a message) that I can call to reach a live person?
no but calling the premier line and asking for help from the agent is the best you can do.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
no
Are you sure? The last time I send something in was in January, but I definitely used to get an automated email back pretty immediately. Maybe things have changed. The auto-email I received said:

*** This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your email. Please do not reply ***

Thank you for contacting United Airlines. If your message is regarding an upcoming trip, a baggage delay or about our MileagePlus frequent flyer program, please refer to our helpful links below. For post-travel and all other inquiries, we are currently experiencing an increased volume due to our peak travel season. As a result, it will take us longer than normal to respond to you.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to assisting you in the best possible manner.

- Your United Airlines Customer Care team

Please use this Case ID number if you need to contact us regarding this inquiry: #######
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I, too, usually receive a confirmation.

OP: What's the nature of the issue?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I receive an immediate automated response with a Case ID number when I submit either a webform mileage credit request or an e-mail to 1Kvoice. Don't know if the same is true for all customer care contacts.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
I recently had to contact them through the United web site. I got a quick automated reply, weeks later when I had not gotten anything more I put in another note that included the original case number and got an automated reply again, again saying a week to 10 days for a proper reply. Two days later I got that proper reply telling my our miles --40,000 of them--that had be taken out of our account for an upgrade that did not clear were back in our account. I used them two days later for some more upgrades that did clear......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.