Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
SQ awards can be booked online but SQ generally does does not release to its *A partners all routes or all cabins -- especially the more premium cases

Archive: Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's said that for at least a month.

It's just fake shift the blame language. I personally believe we're back to the same old pricing dispute, rather than the claimed technical problem.
This is what I don't understand. If it's a pricing dispute, WHY can we book with an agent and not online?
(Although I have no proof the former is possible at all, other than the small handful of reports above)
Old May 24, 2019, 5:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by chavala
This is what I don't understand. If it's a pricing dispute, WHY can we book with an agent and not online?
Well that's how it was from 2013 through 2017 - bookable by phone, not on the website. Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles. When the pricing dispute was finally resolved, SQ space returned to the website. Now it's gone again. Draw your own conclusions.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
Well that's how it was from 2013 through 2017 - bookable by phone, not on the website. Singapore Airlines (SQ) award booking experiences using United miles. When the pricing dispute was finally resolved, SQ space returned to the website. Now it's gone again. Draw your own conclusions.
I am giving up SQ.

Most of those SQ long haul flights won't allow J class redemption using MP miles anyway.

Even SIN-MEL has no availability since it's run by 350 and 777W.

I guess Chase UR points transferring to SQ is the way to go, even though it's more expensive.

But availability is decent. I can redeem for PVG-SIN 380 new F suite which is a real treat.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by kb1992
Even SIN-MEL has no availability since it's run by 350 and 777W.
There is also a 772ER flight that has good J availability...the one that continues on MEL-WLG.

But you'll have to tolerate the product.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
There is also a 772ER flight that has good J availability...the one that continues on MEL-WLG.

But you'll have to tolerate the product.
Thanks for the info. The 772 looks pretty old... and J class is not flat bed.

I'll either take TG SIN-BKK-MEL for a massage in Thailand, or

transfer Chase UR points on SQ J award SIN-MEL direct with 350 or 777W.

SQ costs more, though.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kb1992
Thanks for the info. The 772 looks pretty old... and J class is not flat bed.

I'll either take TG SIN-BKK-MEL for a massage in Thailand, or

transfer Chase UR points on SQ J award SIN-MEL direct with 350 or 777W.

SQ costs more, though.
I have flown the SQ angle-flat 772 and the SQ lie-flat 359. For me, personally, the 772 is far more comfortable for sleeping even though it’s not flat. The SQ 359 has the worst lie-flat seat design I’ve ever flown. I haven’t flown SQ’s 77W, but it almost has to be better than the 359 just by default.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chavala
I just called the 1K desk over a different issue, but while I had her on the phone I asked about booking SQ awards. She said they can NOT book them and just happened to have that very issue this morning. A customer had a 10 hour delay and she saw the SQ flight available. She said she tried and got reprimanded by her supervisor for wasting time on it because it can't be done. She was very adamant. I would love to know how some people seem to be making this happen.
wouldn't be the first time that a supervisor has no idea either.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Agreed, I booked that recently coming off an IST-SIN flight on TK.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
I was just told (on the phone) that it is not possible to book an SQ award ... accurate or HUACA?
Old May 31, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by c1mth0g
I was just told (on the phone) that it is not possible to book an SQ award ... accurate or HUACA?
Accurate.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by JetAway
Accurate.
I guess the wiki needs to be updated then?
Old May 31, 2019, 12:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JetAway
Accurate.
Have moved some reports from the other SQ discussion to this thread to concolidate
Some have reported recent success in booking SQ awards
Some have reported refusals to even try

I guess the wiki needs to be updated then?
perhaps premature
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
SQ?

SQ booking seems to be an ongoing issue, but an agent saw CBR-SIN available in I class, though it wasn’t confirming, and then said to check back. It appeared as unconfirmed in the reservation. I eventually gave up on it and grabbed a flight with TG, since it wasn’t ticketing. Aero plan was able to see it and capture the seat. Did UA “waitlist” it? Can anyone make sense of this?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingislove
SQ booking seems to be an ongoing issue, but an agent saw CBR-SIN available in I class, though it wasn’t confirming, and then said to check back. It appeared as unconfirmed in the reservation. I eventually gave up on it and grabbed a flight with TG, since it wasn’t ticketing. Aero plan was able to see it and capture the seat. Did UA “waitlist” it? Can anyone make sense of this?
SQ ticketing on UA awards has been hit-or-miss (mostly miss) for the past couple of months. There’s a thread on it. It definitely isn’t related to the waitlisting described in this thread, which is only valid for UA-operated flights and doesn’t involve a failure to ticket.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan

SQ ticketing on UA awards has been hit-or-miss (mostly miss) for the past couple of months. There’s a thread on it. It definitely isn’t related to the waitlisting described in this thread, which is only valid for UA-operated flights and doesn’t involve a failure to ticket.
Sounds good. Probably just poor explanation by the UA agent on "waitlisting," since it seemed kind of odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.