100+ on UG list

Old Dec 2, 13, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott P, SPG G
100+ on UG list

Shocked.

UA300 from SFO to HNL, there are 100+ on the UG list.

What's the highest count u've seen?
Old Dec 2, 13, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
That's a big list. But you do get quite a few nonrevs on the HNL flights. So you're probably seeing some of that.
Old Dec 2, 13, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw a ton of NRSAs on wait list for HNL-IAH yesterday. I bet well more than half of the 100 you see were UA employees coming back from Island Thanksgiving vacation.
Old Dec 2, 13, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I've seen over 100 before on SFO-IAD. As a 1K on a relatively low fare, I was ~46th on the list that time.
Old Dec 2, 13, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by exerda View Post
I've seen over 100 before on SFO-IAD. As a 1K on a relatively low fare, I was ~46th on the list that time.
Yup that's SFO. Where most of my friends kids are at least silver.
Old Dec 2, 13, 9:50 am

+1. I've seen this many times on Hub-to-Hub routes especially during heavy travel days (Thurs/Fri/Sun) even back on PMCO (EWR-SFO I think).
Old Dec 2, 13, 9:52 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Years ago, in late June just days after the schools had let out for summer vacation, a GA printed out the entire list of nonrev standbys for a LAX-HNL flight and taped it to window facing the tarmac. I guessed the GA was tired of answering questions about where they were on the list and what their chances were. The single spaced, dot-matrix printout was five pages long, iirc.
Old Dec 2, 13, 10:00 am

Programs: AA DULtArer
That's UG-li. 100 names ouch.

SFO is great sailing and for biz, but there is a reason why we Sailors avoid cities...TMP.....
Old Dec 2, 13, 10:25 am

Since the merger, I rarely see a (mainline) flight under 80-90 people. People seemed shocked by this but the FF program is HUGE now. This is not shocking.
Old Dec 2, 13, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And yet there are people on FT that will swear you are lying and no way a 1K would not get upgraded.
Old Dec 2, 13, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Mileage Plus Silver Elite, United Club, HyattGold, Enterprise Silver
all revenue my friends. I've seen this before on the CO side EWR-SFO.
Old Dec 2, 13, 10:51 am

Programs: AA DULtArer
Originally Posted by Baze View Post
And yet there are people on FT that will swear you are lying and no way a 1K would not get upgraded.
Everyone knows their own experience. I think you SFO guys have really taken it on the chin the worst wrt FFM floodgates, though. EWR probably close behind.

With offices both in NYC and upstate, Ive found I can travel out of upstate NY airports with much less hassle and >90% CPU rates, so the disconnect makes sense. I actually have XPUs to burn this year..but someone is always traveling either in family or on CC.
Old Dec 2, 13, 10:53 am
Suspended

Same here, and I've been that low on the list as well.
Old Dec 2, 13, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Baze View Post
There were a couple of 1K's sitting in EC on my flight (FLL-EWR) early this morning. They were surprised, to say the least.

There were (5) people upgraded, including (1) GS. I'm not sure what the others were.
Old Dec 2, 13, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott P, SPG G
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy View Post
Since the merger, I rarely see a (mainline) flight under 80-90 people. People seemed shocked by this but the FF program is HUGE now. This is not shocking.
Wow. I mostly fly out on weekends so usual sfo-iad or sfo-ewr ug list size is 15 uncleared...

I will get used to it!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: