Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Domestic Lie-Flat Seat Routes (other than p.s.)?

Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All 752, 76x, 77x, 78x aircraft have lieflat seats, no other UA aircraft does

https://www.unitedcargo.com/ provides route info by aircraft type, such as Widebody Schedule Dec 2018 for regularly scheduled flights.
Print Wikipost

United Domestic Lie-Flat Seat Routes (other than p.s.)?

Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmvb87
So next week I'm booked on United from EWR to SEA on a 757-200. I am booked in the premium cabin, which on my ticket is branded as United First, but on the seat diagram is listed as Polaris Business.

What should I expect and what benefits should I be taking advantage of? For example will I have access to the United Club at EWR and SEA?

I've read some mixed reviews on the lie flat seats on the 757s. Any feedback?

Also - window or aisle?
No club access; no Polaris service. Most likely standard domestic first service, although you might get the pillow and duvet.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jsloan
you might get the pillow and duvet.
And that's unlikely on a 752.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
So next week I'm booked on United from EWR to SEA on a 757-200. I am booked in the premium cabin, which on my ticket is branded as United First, but on the seat diagram is listed as Polaris Business.
You will get standard domestic F service. Service levels (and ticket pricing) are based on the route, not the aircraft.

As for seat information, it will be one of two configurations (7 rows or 4 rows of lie-flat seats):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...200-16-bf.html

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You will get standard domestic F service. Service levels (and ticket pricing) are based on the route, not the aircraft.

As for seat information, it will be one of two configurations (7 rows or 4 rows of lie-flat seats):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...200-16-bf.html

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)
Outside of the existing p.t.s. routes, I have never seen one of the 28J sUA birds flying on one of these routes. I would assume it is the 16J sCO version.

As for which seat, I would take 1E or F given bulkhead (as well as E/F being slightly further back than A/B, so you will not have as much galley disturbance). I would go with E personally, as I would rather not climb over someone when I need to hit the head.
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Outside of the existing p.t.s. routes, I have never seen one of the 28J sUA birds flying on one of these routes. I would assume it is the 16J sCO version.

As for which seat, I would take 1E or F given bulkhead (as well as E/F being slightly further back than A/B, so you will not have as much galley disturbance). I would go with E personally, as I would rather not climb over someone when I need to hit the head.
I'm in the 752 with 4 rows of first class (Version 1 of the 757-200; branded as "Polaris Business" in the schema on United's website).
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm in the 752 with 4 rows of first class (Version 1 of the 757-200; branded as "Polaris Business" in the schema on United's website).
The fact that it says "Polaris Business" on the seat map doesn't mean anything besides lie-flat seats. Your ticket says United First, and that's the service level you should expect.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:53 pm

As I thought. I would take 1E for seat choice.

With regards to service, as others have mentioned, this will be standard domestic F service. For TCONs, I believe this means you will get an additional snack before arrival, but there's nothing different about the meal service relative to any other domestic F flight of this kind of length.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Enjoy a nicer ride in the lie flat. The rest of the service would be the same as any TransCon.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's not Polaris Business, nor is it marketed as such. It's United First.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The term “Polaris” on the airplane diagrams is generic to the lie-flat seat, even if it is not a route that is marketed as Polaris (like the one you are on). If you look on your reservation, You’ll see “United First”, not “Polaris”. It’s regular domestic First food/service. No upgraded dining, club access, or amenity kit. Pillows and blankets have even disappeared From most of the contingent U.S. 752 routes outside of UA’s LAX/SFO-EWR and SFO-BOS. Think “regular domestic First w/ a nice seat” and you won’t be disappointed.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
...“regular domestic First w/ a nice seat”...
Another word, for those who love Apple and hate Microsoft, using Windows on a Mac

Can OP SDC through LAX or SFO on ps?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by username
Another word, for those who love Apple and hate Microsoft, using Windows on a Mac

Would certainly be interesting if you were in a P or Z fare class on EWR-SEA. However, I don't think those fare classes are usually available on p.s. routes when you get inside T-24, and you could never be on a J/C/D fare class on domestic first. The extra connection isn't worth the slightly bigger meal service IMO, and the hard product is exactly the same.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by username

I was on UA1695 (SEA - EWR) redeye earlier this year when a three hour delay was posted due to inbound delay of UA1696. Reconnected myself down to LA and barely caught the LAX-EWR flight.

Despite making it to EWR sooner (based on regularly scheduled time), would not recommend trying. I only did because I needed to get back to work next morning. Turned out UA1695 did not leave until the follow morning from SEA, so it did not arrive EWR until later that afternoon.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17
I was on UA1695 (SEA - EWR) redeye earlier this year when a three hour delay was posted due to inbound delay of UA1696. Reconnected myself down to LA and barely caught the LAX-EWR flight.

Despite making it to EWR sooner (based on regularly scheduled time), would not recommend trying. I only did because I needed to get back to work next morning. Turned out UA1695 did not leave until the follow morning from SEA, so it did not arrive EWR until later that afternoon.
Most rules go out the window during IRROPS, though. The question was whether or not OP could make a voluntary same-day change for $75. My guess is that the app would probably allow it, but, as was said, it may be difficult to find inventory to move into.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I took this flight last week. Nice to have a lie-flat bed, but everything else is standard. Two paltry meal choices and no Polaris bedding.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.