Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Domestic Lie-Flat Seat Routes (other than p.s.)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All 752, 76x, 77x, 78x aircraft have lieflat seats, no other UA aircraft does

https://www.unitedcargo.com/ provides route info by aircraft type, such as Widebody Schedule Dec 2018 for regularly scheduled flights.
Print Wikipost

United Domestic Lie-Flat Seat Routes (other than p.s.)?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:50 am

I was on one EWR-BOS during thanksgiving weekend
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:26 am

I've done EWR-MCO on the lie flat before 752. I've seen up to 3 flights daily on the lie flat 752.

I am scheduled to fly EWR-FLL this weekend and when I bought the ticket it was listed as a 752 but is now shown as an A320.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Meola10
I've done EWR-MCO on the lie flat before 752. I've seen up to 3 flights daily on the lie flat 752.

I am scheduled to fly EWR-FLL this weekend and when I bought the ticket it was listed as a 752 but is now shown as an A320.
Looks like Saturday still has two 752 flights. Can you change without penalty? (If Sunday, no 752 flights, though.)
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Anything special in F on non-p.s. 757 transcons?

It's been a while since I've been on a 757 domestically--especially with all the sUA retirements. What should I expect in First on one for LAX-IAD next week? Other than a lie-flat seat, is the service the same I'd receive in a 737-900? Any special blankets and pillows?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by palmetto86
It's been a while since I've been on a 757 domestically--especially with all the sUA retirements. What should I expect in First on one for LAX-IAD next week? Other than a lie-flat seat, is the service the same I'd receive in a 737-900? Any special blankets and pillows?
It's hit or (sometimes) miss, but nice pillows and blankets might be there. Food/drink is same as domestic F, though.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
What should I expect in First on one for LAX-IAD next week?
It's a good idea to keep expectations minimal to avoid disappointment. Especially on that sCO 752. The aircraft are really beat up, the crews are quite hit or miss, and it's completely unpredictable whether you'll get pillows or blankets.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
Originally Posted by Kacee
it's completely unpredictable whether you'll get pillows or blankets.
Yes. I've paid several times for domestic non-p.s. redeye first on this plane, and never seen a pillow.

It's completely incomprehensible what a poor grasp of their product this reveals.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Syzygies
Yes. I've paid several times for domestic non-p.s. redeye first on this plane, and never seen a pillow.
The redeye I flew from LIH-LAX two weeks ago had no pillows, the paper-thin blue blankets, and the whole F cabin smelled like a lavatory. The padding on the seats was also shot. Really not a pleasant flight and I am going to try to avoid that aircraft from here on out.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Syzygies

It's completely incomprehensible what a poor grasp of their product this reveals.
Thankfully not flying a redeye back to to the east coast...so I'll spend most of my time working.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
The redeye I flew from LIH-LAX two weeks ago had no pillows, the paper-thin blue blankets, and the whole F cabin smelled like a lavatory. The padding on the seats was also shot. Really not a pleasant flight and I am going to try to avoid that aircraft from here on out.
In that case, what did the lavatory smell like?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:08 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The expected soft service should be normal domestic F service.
Sometime due to existing on board provisioning you will get bit and pieces of PS soft products, but there is no guarantee.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:19 am

I thought I'd follow up on my LAX-IAD 757 service yesterday after asking about what to expect. The flight had the new Saks/Polaris bedding--plush pillow and blanket. Three choices of entree. Other than no amenity kit, I'm not sure how it was different from standard PS.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: 1 thousand
I thought I'd follow up on my LAX-IAD 757 service yesterday after asking about what to expect. The flight had the new Saks/Polaris bedding--plush pillow and blanket. Three choices of entree. Other than no amenity kit, I'm not sure how it was different from standard PS.
Did you have:
- Ice cream Sundae
- Printed Menu
- Water bottle
(Other than that seems pretty much the same?)
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by televisor
Did you have:
- Ice cream Sundae
- Printed Menu
- Water bottle
(Other than that seems pretty much the same?)
p.s. also has a smaller appetizer plate in addition to a large salad. Non-p.s. transcons just have an appetizer salad in the larger-sized bowl.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
753s don't go to LIH. Runway too short. It's generally been 752s, usually the 24-F seat domestic, but occasionally suCO intl 752. Retirement of non-p.s. suUA 757s brings the 738 short fielders.
Lax - Lih I flew this fall with lay flats 752

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 23, 2016 at 7:43 pm Reason: repaired quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.