Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
Basic services and food offerings are pretty much the same at all the SFO UCs
Last call is 30 minutes before club closing.

Terminal 3 / Rotunda Pros and Cons
  • Better runway views.
  • Quiet room and work cubicles.
  • Closer to most gates. (F concourse)
  • Could use a furniture renovation
  • Can be the most crowded at peak times

International Terminal (between G6 and G9) Pros and Cons
  • Previous IFL (note showers have been removed)
  • Closest for most international departures/G gates (if not eligible for SFO Polaris Lounge)
  • No windows, no views
  • Dated (wood panel) ambiance
  • Crowded at peak TPAC times in late morning, mid-day
  • No full bar; only basic wine and beer offered
  • Elevator / stairs for access

New Concourse E Pros and Cons
  • Closest to the E gates
  • crowded at peak times, early morning, late afternoon
  • least ambiance
  • (as of Oct. 2023), E conc. Club opens 45 mins. later than F Rotunda Club (5:45 a.m. for E vs. 5:00 for F).

"Temporary" Mezzanine UC Pros and Cons (never reopened after COVID closure)
  • Across from 70/71 gates, a little hard to find
  • Generally the least crowded
  • No windows, lacks much ambiance - some neat historical aircraft/airport photos
  • Elevator for access

related threads
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr, old GFL is intl prem cabin lounge

Centurion lounge or UA lounge in SFO?

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014]

Archive thread: Best SFO United Club? {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of SFO United Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Okay sounds good, I'll definitely visit the UC. Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:28 am

SFO UC

Was at the SFO UC club this morning! Offerings were:
- Ramen cups, cereal cups
- Overnight oats with fresh blueberries
- Chobani yogurt (blueberry fruit on the bottom, coconut flips)
- Fruit (red apples, clementines)
- Prepackaged bagels and muffins
- Fruit cups
- Illy coffee (with alternative milks like soy and oat, which I appreciated!)
- Warm breakfast sandwiches (bacon, egg, cheese on biscuit)

This was at 6am so I didn't see anyone at the bar....nor was I trying to drink at that hour haha!
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Question that I guess could apply to all UC’s but my situation pertains to SF primarily: are pets (in crate) allowed at the clubs?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:52 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ARR72
Question that I guess could apply to all UC’s but my situation pertains to SF primarily: are pets (in crate) allowed at the clubs?
UA's UC Pet and service animal policy
  1. Service animals and in-cabin pets are welcome in certain United Club locations, provided local ordinances permit them.
  2. All policies associated with service animals and in-cabin pets traveling on United or United Express® flights, including the Contract of Carriage, also apply in Lounges.
  3. In-cabin pets must remain inside their carriers with the door secured at all times and the bright yellow bag tag visible.
  4. Animals must be trained to behave properly in public settings and follow the direction of their owners.
  5. Animals must be clean and properly groomed.
  6. Animals are not allowed to occupy seats in the Lounge.
  7. Animals are not allowed to eat or drink from United Club service ware.
  8. Animals may not engage in disruptive behavior such as roaming freely, barking, growling or biting.
  9. All animals must remain on the floor when they are near food or beverage display areas.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ARR72
I have brought my service animal in a crate into the UC at SFO. Specifically the "rotunda club". I had no issues fwiw. She stayed in the crate but she was " clean and properly groomed".
SPN Lifer and ARR72 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Not sure if there is a dedicated SFO club thread but here is the spread from today (9/10) in SF Rotunda. Really happy to see a lot more nutritious options from the last time I was here. The Mediterranean salad with cucumbers, feta, onions, and other things was great!

Clam chowder soup was edible though not too flavorful

uastarflyer, m.y and Wooglin like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Not sure if there is a dedicated SFO club thread but here is the spread from today (9/10) in SF Rotunda. Really happy to see a lot more nutritious options from the last time I was here. The Mediterranean salad with cucumbers, feta, onions, and other things was great!
The offerings look far superior than what they offered pre-covid and I can see people renewing memberships with this spread - also much more superior than what you can get at the SFO Centurion Club (which has better alcohol but really poor food offerings)
SPN Lifer, kirkwoodj and Kacee like this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: united
In the rotunda club now. The soup (clam chowder) is hot and delicious. They have fresh salads and fruits, and while the packaged stuff is the same old stuff, at least they have a big variety. The packaged cheddar cheese was OK.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

img
img
img
img
img
img
Clam chowder soup was edible though not too flavorful
img
img
Noting the teas, I think they are trying to use up the sachets from the PL before they become totally stale. Which also means they probably have no intention to open the PL before next summer, if ever at this point.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Noting the teas, I think they are trying to use up the sachets from the PL before they become totally stale. Which also means they probably have no intention to open the PL before next summer, if ever at this point.
That doesn't sound fun. Funny enough work put me on an SFO-DEL flight this winter in J that Im trying to change to via ORD or EWR to have some shot at the Polaris lounge at least
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:56 pm

flight departing from G gates so here’s a look at the recently re-opened G gates club offerings:​​​​​​

there were also Chicken burritos that showed up about 30 min after I took these pictures

they also had this at the front desk for Polaris pax no idea what’s in them though:
:
SPN Lifer and cuthroat like this.

Last edited by flyingrohit; Sep 23, 2021 at 7:27 pm
Old Sep 23, 2021, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I miss the days when the United Club (UC) at the SFO International Terminal was located where the still-closed Polaris Louge (PL) now is.

Even when I had domestic F-gate flights much closer to the rotunda UC, I would often walk out to the G gates.

When was the UC to PL conversion?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I miss the days when the United Club (UC) at the SFO International Terminal was located where the still-closed Polaris Louge (PL) now is.
When was the UC to PL conversion?
SFO PL opened in April 2018 --- SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Some work started Feb 2017 and fully closed Oct 2017 - SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr 2018, old GFL is now the intl UC
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
they also had this (gift bag) at the front desk for Polaris pax no idea what’s in them though:
:
<Bolding is an explanatory edit I made to the quote>

Given the Polaris dining thread consensus, hopefully those Polaris bags include a proper wine glass for on board…

I must say for a domestic UC, the food offerings aren’t bad at all. 29cent frozen burritos aren’t high class but more substantial than the old Chex mix in the cereal dispensers.

But I don’t see a 2nd soup. The tomato soup at SFO UC is the bomb. Probably in terms of sodium too.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 2:09 pm

E gates offering this afternoon. Lounge was super crowded when I came in around 1215 and not a single place to sit without squeezing between 2 people. Only one lone table was open which I took. Lounge cleared out quite quickly with the 1pm bank. Burritos were the usual bean and cheese but there also was a Beef and cheese, but I generally don’t eat beef so I can’t comment on how it was.

SPN Lifer and cuthroat like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.