Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
Basic services and food offerings are pretty much the same at all the SFO UCs
Last call is 30 minutes before club closing.

Terminal 3 / Rotunda Pros and Cons
  • Better runway views.
  • Quiet room and work cubicles.
  • Closer to most gates. (F concourse)
  • Could use a furniture renovation
  • Can be the most crowded at peak times

International Terminal (between G6 and G9) Pros and Cons
  • Previous IFL (note showers have been removed)
  • Closest for most international departures/G gates (if not eligible for SFO Polaris Lounge)
  • No windows, no views
  • Dated (wood panel) ambiance
  • Crowded at peak TPAC times in late morning, mid-day
  • No full bar; only basic wine and beer offered
  • Elevator / stairs for access

New Concourse E Pros and Cons
  • Closest to the E gates
  • crowded at peak times, early morning, late afternoon
  • least ambiance
  • (as of Oct. 2023), E conc. Club opens 45 mins. later than F Rotunda Club (5:45 a.m. for E vs. 5:00 for F).

"Temporary" Mezzanine UC Pros and Cons (never reopened after COVID closure)
  • Across from 70/71 gates, a little hard to find
  • Generally the least crowded
  • No windows, lacks much ambiance - some neat historical aircraft/airport photos
  • Elevator for access

related threads
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr, old GFL is intl prem cabin lounge

Centurion lounge or UA lounge in SFO?

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014]

Archive thread: Best SFO United Club? {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of SFO United Clubs

Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:41 pm

Had no idea that Mezzanine club near Gate 70 still existed until reading this thread. Thought it closed when the new pier opened.

How do non FT geeks know it exists anymore? They used to be more explicit about it before the new club opened.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Had no idea that Mezzanine club near Gate 70 still existed until reading this thread. Thought it closed when the new pier opened.

How do non FT geeks know it exists anymore? They used to be more explicit about it before the new club opened.
It is listed in the UC directory and there is a sign if you look toward the area you turn into to get the elevator. It has never been well marked.
There are a few signs in the airport listing the location of UCs, saw one someplace a few weeks ago.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 22, 2019 at 7:18 pm Reason: airport signs
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Flying British Airways

Which would be the best club for us. Just have day passes and want to relax for a couple hours before our flight today. Thanks! Flight leaves at 1710 if that matters!

Last edited by s0479; Mar 26, 2019 at 10:25 am
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:29 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by s0479
Which would be the best club for us. Just have day passes and want to relax for a couple hours before our flight today. Thanks!
BA uses Terminal A at SFO and that is not connected airside to any of the UCs. To use a UC, check your bags at Terminal A -- walk / Air Train to the UA terminal, enter security, use the one of UCs in T3/Term G, exit the UA terminal, get back to Terminal A, re-clear security, ... add 40-60 minutes to do that depending on if you have PreCheck, more if not.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
To use a UC, check your bags at Terminal A -- walk / Air Train to the UA terminal, enter security, use the one of UCs in T3/Term G, exit the UA terminal, get back to Terminal A, re-clear security, ... add 40-60 minutes to do that depending on if you have PreCheck, more if not.
I would suggest simply walking from BA check-in to G Terminal security (maybe 100 yards), and using the club in G Terminal. That's much, much quicker than trying to get to T3.

Though I don't think it's worth it at all, particularly with the recent upgrades to A Terminal.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I would suggest simply walking from BA check-in to G Terminal security (maybe 100 yards), and using the club in G Terminal. That's much, much quicker than trying to get to T3.

Though I don't think it's worth it at all, particularly with the recent upgrades to A Terminal.
with just a regular day pass and only united silver can I even use any of the clubs in terminal g?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
with just a regular day pass and only united silver can I even use any of the clubs in terminal g?
Um, yes, that's why I suggested it. The former GFL is now just a regular UC. It's also likely to be quite empty between about 2 and 5 pm.

But again, there is IMO no UC worth clearing security twice, unless you have Pre.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Um, yes, that's why I suggested it. The former GFL is now just a regular UC. It's also likely to be quite empty between about 2 and 5 pm.

But again, there is IMO no UC worth clearing security twice, unless you have Pre.
ok thanks! For some reason thought we couldn’t. We have pre check - thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:54 am

For some reason thought we couldn’t
Before Polaris lounge opened, it was exclusively for premium cabin customers. Now it's just a UC.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
If you have Priority Pass, the AF lounge in A is much nicer.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by bman1002
Between the one near Gate 80 and the one near Gate 60, which one would be the best one to grab breakfast at? I would be going close to opening time on a Saturday if that makes a difference.
Just an update on this, ended up at the UC near Gate 81 a little bit after it opened. The food selection was almost entirely carbs, so I passed on that. I think the highlight was the fruit infused water. Some of the best I have had in recent memory.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan
SFO Lounge (which one?)

Will have a 2 hour layover in SFO (onto IAD and then YOW)
Travelling in United Business from US to Canada.

Which SFO lounge would you recommend for the layover?

Note: I don’t have any other status or membership.

thx!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
United Club in the international terminal (non Polaris) is slightly better.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:41 am

Whichever lounge isn't overcrowded and closest to your departure gate.
BlueZebra likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by halls120
Whichever lounge isn't overcrowded and closest to your departure gate.
This!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.