Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
Basic services and food offerings are pretty much the same at all the SFO UCs
Last call is 30 minutes before club closing.

Terminal 3 / Rotunda Pros and Cons
  • Better runway views.
  • Quiet room and work cubicles.
  • Closer to most gates. (F concourse)
  • Could use a furniture renovation
  • Can be the most crowded at peak times

International Terminal (between G6 and G9) Pros and Cons
  • Previous IFL (note showers have been removed)
  • Closest for most international departures/G gates (if not eligible for SFO Polaris Lounge)
  • No windows, no views
  • Dated (wood panel) ambiance
  • Crowded at peak TPAC times in late morning, mid-day
  • No full bar; only basic wine and beer offered
  • Elevator / stairs for access

New Concourse E Pros and Cons
  • Closest to the E gates
  • crowded at peak times, early morning, late afternoon
  • least ambiance
  • (as of Oct. 2023), E conc. Club opens 45 mins. later than F Rotunda Club (5:45 a.m. for E vs. 5:00 for F).

"Temporary" Mezzanine UC Pros and Cons (never reopened after COVID closure)
  • Across from 70/71 gates, a little hard to find
  • Generally the least crowded
  • No windows, lacks much ambiance - some neat historical aircraft/airport photos
  • Elevator for access

related threads
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr, old GFL is intl prem cabin lounge

Centurion lounge or UA lounge in SFO?

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014]

Archive thread: Best SFO United Club? {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of SFO United Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Which United Club Lounge at T3 SFO?

2.5 hours to kill. Inbound from YVR, outbound to MSP. Not sure what gates I'll be in and out of but maybe people here know those routes and the usual gates.

I see there are 2 or 3 United lounges in T3. Which of them is best?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think I better move this over to the lovely people in the United forum, these lounges are essentially connected with United's operations at SFO. I think you'll get a better answer over there.

CWS/mod
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I generally prefer the rotunda club as it's the largest one by far and has decent views.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Depends on what you value, the food offerings and basic amenities are all about the same.

The F Concourse Rotunda UC -- is the biggest, with the best runway views, closest to most of the 7x & 80x gates and has the most variety of seating (quiet area and privacy booths) but at certain times it can be crowded. Nice history exhibit just outside of the UC.

The E gates UC and Mezzanine UC are closer to the 6x gates and 70/71 gates. neither has good runways views.
Mezzanine UC has no windows but tends to be the least crowded and more basic ambiance.

There is also a G99 UC -- a bit of a walk, no views, 90's interior -- wood paneling - if off-peak hours for international flights, it may be less crowded.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:30 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
2.5 hours to kill. Inbound from YVR, outbound to MSP. Not sure what gates I'll be in and out of but maybe people here know those routes and the usual gates.

As someone "based" at SFO, the answer is, "it depends on your priorities."
If your priority is gate access and Club size, the "hub" Club is nearest to gates 80-90 and 76-79 and is the largest of the three.
The Club on the mezzanine level near Gates 70-71 is my favorite for finding a place to work, and is generally the least crowded of these 3, but has no windows and has reduced hours.
The Club at the beginning of the SE part of T3 (near gate 60) is my least favorite: usually overcrowded, limited workspace, and small bathroom.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA MP
Would also say it depends on the time you visit. The UC in the International Terminal (OLD GFL) is fairly empty in the early mornings. The gate 70 club gets pretty crowded in the early mornings and gets worse throughout the day.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, other ones I don't use often
So it's been a little while since I've been in a United Club, but here I sit in the International Terminal SFO UC, and the only beer is self serve Coors Light and Budweiser. Is...it just this club, or have they all gotten rid of their good beer selection? If not, probably should add to the wiki that this one has crappy beer only...
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
UAL clubs SFO

I'm using UAL at SFO today, and haven't visited the lounges there - I see there are 3 available (I'm not going int'l), any recommendations which one to visit? I don't drink alcohol.....so food and coffee are my 2 remaining vices.

Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:50 pm

the one near gate 98 seems a bit cramped. If you can go up/down stairs, great! Otherwise elevator queue. I miss the SQ and BR lounges.
the one near gate 76 seems a bit tired
the one near gate 69 is a bit newer

Food all seems the same to me, but better than ORD's lounges, which seem even more cramped.
EWR lounges seem to have bigger variety of food options, but lack restroom capacity

There's a Centurion lounge near gate 75. Never been there. I hear it's the best option in terminal 3.

For Priority Pass, there's perks at the Giants Clubhouse and Yankee Pier.

Last edited by Long Zhiren; Mar 22, 2019 at 12:55 pm Reason: Centurion & Priority Pass options
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rrz518
I'm using UAL at SFO today, and haven't visited the lounges there - I see there are 3 available (I'm not going int'l), any recommendations which one to visit? ...
Even the Intl UC is relatively accessible.

There is a summary in this thread's wiki of the pro's / con's for the present four UCs. The basic amenities are quite similar.

also see Centurion lounge or UA lounge in SFO?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:32 pm

Between the one near Gate 80 and the one near Gate 60, which one would be the best one to grab breakfast at? I would be going close to opening time on a Saturday if that makes a difference.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by bman1002
Between the one near Gate 80 and the one near Gate 60, which one would be the best one to grab breakfast at? I would be going close to opening time on a Saturday if that makes a difference.
No real difference in food, crowding can be an issue for the small E Gates (Gate 60) club. The Mezzanine club may be a better selection than the Gate 60 Club. But early Saturday, seating should not be an issue at any SFO UC.
bman1002 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bman1002
which one would be the best one to grab breakfast at?
None of the above. Breakfast options are poor.

At that hour, I would just pick whichever is closer. Later in the day, I prefer the rotunda club (Gate 80) as it's much more spacious.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
None of the above. Breakfast options are poor.
Unless things have changed, ironically I'm more satisfied with the breakfast options, but that's usually because I'm happy to settle for some yogurt with mix-ins whereas after then all you get are cheese cubes and stale dinner rolls (soup if you're lucky).
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
Unless things have changed, ironically I'm more satisfied with the breakfast options, but that's usually because I'm happy to settle for some yogurt with mix-ins whereas after then all you get are cheese cubes and stale dinner rolls (soup if you're lucky).
You're right, no need to pick on breakfast . . . I could have said "food options are poor" and it would have been equally accurate.

I generally don't eat anything at the SFO UCs. Maybe soup if it's one of the decent ones.
findark likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.