UA Status to Enroll HKG e-channel

Old Dec 29, 2014, 6:58 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I have been using e-channel for the last four years and it is coming to my fifth year.....

Does anyone know if it has a five year expiration period or it expires on the same date as the passport expiration date?
I just renewed in October, because my passport expired...When I re-upped, my paperwork shows the expiration date of the HK program to be the same date as my passport expiration (10 years). ^ Not sure if it matters, but I obtained the e-Channel as a previous HKIA Frequent Visitor 'line pass' card, and not through UA.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I have been using e-channel for the last four years and it is coming to my fifth year.....

Does anyone know if it has a five year expiration period or it expires on the same date as the passport expiration date?
In a way, seems that there really isn't any expiration. My barcode sticker and enrollment paperwork state no expiry date. There have been reports that persons with expired passports simply present the new passport as before, and are given new barcode sticker without new fingerprints or photographs being taken. The officials simply make a new photocopy of the details page of your passport, thereby making the barcode a proxy for your real passport.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was hoping to enroll on arrival from SFO, but unfortunately, the hours are 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., which means it's always going to be closed for the SFO arrival.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was hoping to enroll on arrival from SFO, but unfortunately, the hours are 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., which means it's always going to be closed for the SFO arrival.
Those are the hours for one of the enrollment offices (north hall). South Hall's hours are 7:30am-11pm (http://www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/vi...channel/fv.htm).
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Those are the hours for one of the enrollment offices (north hall). South Hall's hours are 7:30am-11pm (http://www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/vi...channel/fv.htm).
(Slaps head)

Would be nice if they posted that at the closed office.

Thanks for the clarification though.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hi there, how big is the bar code sticker that they place in your passport. Does it take more than 1/4 page of a USA Passport? Just curious, starting to run out of space.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hi there, how big is the bar code sticker that they place in your passport. Does it take more than 1/4 page of a USA Passport? Just curious, starting to run out of space.. Thanks and Safe Travels
The barcode is placed on the outside, rear cover, of the passport. No pages needed.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
It's much smaller than that, and in any case is irrelevant. HK Immigration attaches the barcode to the outside back cover of your passport parallel to the spine to the left. Call it three Forever (US Post Office) stamps across, about three inches wide, 3/4" tall. You therefore insert the passport closed, barcode face down on the reader glass of the e-channel machine.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:25 pm

Apologies for reviving an ancient thread but has anyone recently tried to register using the electonic version of their UA FF card? I made premier silver but the package does not come with a physical card and when I called in, they said I did not qualify for receiving one.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by illico
Apologies for reviving an ancient thread but has anyone recently tried to register using the electonic version of their UA FF card? I made premier silver but the package does not come with a physical card and when I called in, they said I did not qualify for receiving one.
There have been mixed reports whether they'll take a digital card. You might as well stop by and see if they'll do it. It won't cost you much time.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
There have been mixed reports whether they'll take a digital card. You might as well stop by and see if they'll do it. It won't cost you much time.
Thanks. I guess at worst I will continue to pass through with the masses.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by illico
Thanks. I guess at worst I will continue to pass through with the masses.
It was pretty easy for me with a Platinum card a year or two ago.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Yup. I renewed last Oct 2017 and just presented my new passport and my UA 1K card. Processing was fast
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
It's much smaller than that, and in any case is irrelevant. HK Immigration attaches the barcode to the outside back cover of your passport parallel to the spine to the left. Call it three Forever (US Post Office) stamps across, about three inches wide, 3/4" tall. You therefore insert the passport closed, barcode face down on the reader glass of the e-channel machine.
I renewed my echannel last oct and only have a e-channel service enrolled sticker on the outside of my passport. I passed thru the echannels using the information page of my passport. No problem
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
so if I understand correctly, your platinum card that you presented was the electronic/digital version of the card and not physical?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.