Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your pqd 2013

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I've told UA insider a few times that if I ever hit (CO * status or) GS I'd consider it a sign f failure. I had quite a number of partner tickets and flights that didn't count this year. Those included a rather inexpensive RGN-SIN-BKK-HKG-YVR-YYZ-EWR.
Me too - though I could have possibly made GS if I had shifted my $30K (all premium cabin) AA/OW and OAL spend over to UA. But that would be throwing good money after bad
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA CK 2MM, DL DM 1MM, WN CP, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic3, Marriott Titanium Lftm, Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by kmfdm91
Credit to UA's amazing IT team and company representatives who are either monitoring this forum and seeing us talk about our PQD totals or the IT team who decides to forego testing/appropriate measures and place unfinished development efforts on a live site...

Either way, classy

These are the changes Jeffy Jeff thinks we'll like

-jeremy
Yesterday's Investor Day presentation refers to a new website launch, with the following screen shot... so looks like live testing / tinkering going on with a slow reveal.

See p45 in the attached

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External...R5cGU9MQ==&t=1
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
Couldn't find it via "view source" or using Firebug. Ran the grease monkey script (thanks for that) and it still doesn't show. I wonder if because I qualified for 1K before the rule change was even announced I won't see it.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I cant see it being non-us

Too bad, I wanted to know. I would estimate my UA PQD to be about $1500 for my 114k PQMs as most came from partner flights.... And even then, it would not be more than $5000.

No mileage runs.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mzrn
For the most part, it looks like among FTers, the $10K for 1K mark isn't a problem. Mind you, this is only a few pages, but most seem to be doing fine - except for maybe Xyzzy above.
For "most," maybe. Not all. My employer makes us fly on the cheapest fare possible.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by dsauch
lol: <!-- Work Item #61191: Remove the hover over Premier segments-->
This was amusing t:
<!-- "Pat. 5,572,643; 5,737,619; 6,185,586; 6,457,025." -->
5,572,643 - Web browser with dynamic display of information objects during linking
5,737,619 - World wide web browsing with content delivery over an idle connection and interstitial content display
6,185,586 - Content display during idle time as a user waits for information during an internet transaction
6,457,025 - Interstitial advertising display system and method
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Akulashark
Couldn't find it via "view source" or using Firebug. Ran the grease monkey script (thanks for that) and it still doesn't show. I wonder if because I qualified for 1K before the rule change was even announced I won't see it.
Based on other posts and I just checked a second time, they caught on and it is now gone.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA CK 2MM, DL DM 1MM, WN CP, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic3, Marriott Titanium Lftm, Hyatt GLB
YTD PQMs: ~95k
YTD PQDs: ~$7,500 (snuck in before they took the code away)

Low PQDs driven by the fact that a lot of my earn was in the pointy end of the cabin on AC, SQ, NZ, SA -- all where UA was not an option. None of that counts anymore, and premium cabin fare PQM earn on non-JV partners is terrible. I have to reconsider my Star Alliance earn strategy -- perhaps time to dust off that unused AC Aeroplan card + status match?

In contrast, equivalent stats for my Delta activity:
YTD MQMs: ~68k
YTD MQDs: ~$12,800
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mmack
How do you search for dollar "popout?" I just see a long list of red and blue lines...
At the top of all the lines, select "edit", then "find" in IE
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kmfdm91
Credit to UA's amazing IT team and company representatives who are either monitoring this forum and seeing us talk about our PQD totals or the IT team who decides to forego testing/appropriate measures and place unfinished development efforts on a live site...

Either way, classy

These are the changes Jeffy Jeff thinks we'll like

-jeremy
maybe it was bait to see how we would react.

right now people seem ok with it so im guessing jeff with kibosh the fuel surcharge from counting. if no one is crying foul they didn't go far enough they say right?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by bigbellytraveler

right now people seem ok with it so im guessing jeff with kibosh the fuel surcharge from counting. if no one is crying foul they didn't go far enough they say right?
seriously? a purposeful leak in a place where total of 100 people found it, and then removed within 6 hours - thats your conspiracy theory on measuring user response?
alright :-)
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA MM
I guess it is gone ... I can't see it. Would have loved to see my totals!!! Am always late to such parties.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
This was amusing t:

5,572,643 - Web browser with dynamic display of information objects during linking
5,737,619 - World wide web browsing with content delivery over an idle connection and interstitial content display
6,185,586 - Content display during idle time as a user waits for information during an internet transaction
6,457,025 - Interstitial advertising display system and method
Was just digging into those... the "inventor" on all of them is David H Judson who appears to have been the plaintiffs council in the infamous shopping cart patent troll lawsuits... I'm surprised SMI/J doesn't blame him for all the lost profits
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsauch
seriously? a purposeful leak in a place where total of 100 people found it, and then removed within 6 hours - thats your conspiracy theory on measuring user response?
alright :-)

im sure there were more than a hundred. a thousand maybe more?

I was kinda joking and just asking the question. they would not disrespect their customers like that right?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

im sure there were more than a hundred. a thousand maybe more?

I was kinda joking and just asking the question. they would not disrespect their customers like that right?
Picks self up off floor and dusts off clothes, wipes tears of laughter away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.