Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Extending GPUs Earned in 2013 that Expire on 31-Jan-2014?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extending GPUs Earned in 2013 that Expire on 31-Jan-2014?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Extending GPUs Earned in 2012 that Expire on 1/31/2014?

I think I'm gonna have to try to extend my last GPU. I tried to use it on my last trip to China. No love. I have one last trip to brazil bit I'm not holding my breath.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Unfortunately, I have several GPUs due to not getting upgrades using GPUs. I asssume they will expire with the end of the FF year. Since I'm dropping from 1k to Gold (only due to MM status), it seems even less likely to get them extended.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I tried and was told NO. I will probably have a trip on 2/3/2014 and I will see if they will at least extend 1 for that trip...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:25 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by relangford
Unfortunately, I have several GPUs due to not getting upgrades using GPUs. I asssume they will expire with the end of the FF year. Since I'm dropping from 1k to Gold (only due to MM status), it seems even less likely to get them extended.
You can go coupon connection or use them for karma points of course. My CPU rate has been so good I can easily end up with RPUs but I give them to my employees.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by username
I tried and was told NO. I will probably have a trip on 2/3/2014 and I will see if they will at least extend 1 for that trip...
If you purchase that trip before the GPU expires, ask again. This time last year I had one GPU left, and no travel scheduled until February. I asked, and they extended the GPU for one month.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Seems like not too many folks reporting this is available
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by halls120
Quote:

Originally Posted by username

If you purchase that trip before the GPU expires, ask again. This time last year I had one GPU left, and no travel scheduled until February. I asked, and they extended the GPU for one month.
As I noted in the consolidated GPU thread, I was just successfully able to do this by calling MP. Old expiration was 1/31, now extended to 4/30. ^

It may have helped that my initial request was to redeposit the GPU after it failed the other day. Then I followed up with the extension question. And yes, I've already requalified for 1K for 2014.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:49 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
As I noted in the consolidated GPU thread, I was just successfully able to do this by calling MP. Old expiration was 1/31, now extended to 4/30. ^

It may have helped that my initial request was to redeposit the GPU after it failed the other day. Then I followed up with the extension question. And yes, I've already requalified for 1K for 2014.
I called the US call center MP yesterday for other items and also asked whether UA was doing any extension of GPUs. I was told that those whom requalified for 1K could have GPU extended until April 30 2014. This is a very good and customer friendly move on UA's part.^

Last edited by chitownflyer; Dec 12, 2013 at 5:57 am
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
I called the US call center MP yesterday for other items and also asked whether UA was doing any extension of GPUs. I was told that those whom requalified for 1K could have GPU extended until April 30 2014. This is a very good and customer friendly move on UA's part.^
Never had a problem extending as either 1K or GS. But more recently, been giving them to F&F&E
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hhonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
Just to add, I just called up the MPSC and was granted an extension on two of my GPUs, citing the 1K requal criteria. Although the CSR would only do two GPUs, I am still grateful.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Called MSPC, they confirmed my 1K requalification and that I had 1 GPU expiring in January. I asked to extend it and they at first offered February. I countered asking for April as I'm hoping to plan something for that month. The rep spoke with their support desk and they were able to grant the extension until April.

All done in under 11 minutes.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA silver (soft landing from 1K), AA plat, HHonors gold, Ambassador club, DC
I tried earlier (mid november) to get extensions for my GPU to apply it for a trip in february and was told no. Maybe time to try again...
Old Dec 12, 2013, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Thanks .. just called. A pleasant surprise.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Dec 12, 2013 at 8:47 pm
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks. Requalified and extended as well.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA MM / Plat
Requalified for 1K yesterday, called MP CS today to inquire about extending "a GPU". The agent very kindly pointed out that I had two GPUs expiring 1/31/2014, and offered to extend both to 4/30/2014. ^

She mentioned that the policy is to extend up to two GPUs for requalified 1Ks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.