Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SAVER 1st class seats on Lufhansa with UA points summer 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I was able to get the YYZ-MUC and MUC-YYZ legs booked after working with a few agents and trying different dates. What was interesting was that dates that had phantom O when I called earlier became bookable a few hours later. I don't know if the earlier agents weren't looking correctly or if inventory opened up. In any case, I am waiting for my reservation to ticket so I can add more legs on.
Can I ask how are you going to call those changes in? I'm trying to do the same and add my positioning flights onto the LH itin.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1k

Was planning on going to Tampa for a convention in August anyway, so thought I would have a look at what was available. Managed to book TPA-YYZ-MUC-LHR on the 14th. Only problem is that I had to book it as a multi city TPA-MUC and MUC-LHR, so it's priced out a 87.5k. Will have to get that repriced, but I've at least got the seats.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
.. the last hurrah with UA miles.

Last edited by rankourabu; Nov 7, 2013 at 9:40 pm
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Accurate space availability should show up on the ANA tool, right?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
FYI - love getting Canadian taxes back when tagging the DCA - YYZ and YYZ - DCA flights onto these, makes this an even more unbelievable find. Only negative is my YYZ - DCA on the way back is on a US CR200 (1 hour 10 minute connection to get on the AC E175 seemed like it wasn't doable since I'd have to clear customs both into Canada and into the US), so that will be a dramatic change going from LH F to US Y on Canada's Revenge
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:57 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Can I ask how are you going to call those changes in? I'm trying to do the same and add my positioning flights onto the LH itin.
Do a search on United's website for SaverFirst award space for flights that will create a logical connection to LH. I did Air Canada LGA-YYZ and the reverse. Call UA reservations with the flight numbers and have them add the legs to the itinerary. Pretty simple; good luck!

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
FYI - love getting Canadian taxes back when tagging the DCA - YYZ and YYZ - DCA flights onto these, makes this an even more unbelievable find.
Indeed!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BookerNYC
I'm seeing (bookable) FRA-BKK space in LH F open too. (Maybe that's always been the case, but it's news to me.)
I just called and tried to change a flight from BOS-MUC-BKK to BOS-FRA-BKK and was told that the Lufthansa flight "is showing as cancelled". Weird? It looks OK online and in the GDS.

Edit to add: this is quite weird.

Looking at, for example, 1 April, the ANA tool shows a single LH flight FRA-BKK — LH782, a 747 departing at 22:15.

Meanwhile united.com shows a single LH flight FRA-BKK on 1 April — LH772, an A346 departing at 17:35. And then lufthansa.com and other GDS sources also see LH772 available.

Edit: I called another agent who was able to find the space on LH772 and confirm and ticket it. Thanks, BookerNYC.

Last edited by mherdeg; Nov 7, 2013 at 10:27 pm
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
^ Glad you were able to resolve the issue.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:34 pm

I got YYZ-MUC-ATH booked, but can I now change it to YYZ-MUC-BKK keeping the YYZ-MUC without issue? Seems like YYZ-MUC F availability is gone. Not much familiar with UA.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Hoping someone can shed some light.

I'm not at all good at this..and would really appreciate if someone told me what I'm doing wrong.

I'm on the phone right now with an agent.
And she can't seem to price this ticket out.

Any ideas why?
What am I doing wrong? What do I need to change?
I thought as long as I had one stopover and two openjaws and not more, I was good?

Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
hehe, i'm on the phone also and the agent is having much difficulty understanding this and looking for actual availability in September 2014. Trying to get 2x for BKK and MUC (from lga)...we'll see

-dan

Edit: Just hung up and she said that she sees 0 F seats in September (don't know how well she really looked) and that ua.com is more a work in progress than a useful site.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Excellent...changed my honeymoon!

err, hopefully a date change would cover changing the connection point... LHR-MUC-YYZ, would be nice to get FRA, my fiancee hasn't experienced the FCT.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Really? We have a direct flight on AC. It's less of a PITA than just about anything else I've ever flown.
There is a grand total of two *A flights out of SFO that will allow a late afternoon connection out of YYZ, the 8 a.m. AC nonstop and the 6 a.m. UA through ORD. Neither has award availability on any of the days I checked. So yes, I call that a total pita.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by mherdeg
I just called and tried to change a flight from BOS-MUC-BKK to BOS-FRA-BKK and was told that the Lufthansa flight "is showing as cancelled". Weird? It looks OK online and in the GDS.

Edit to add: this is quite weird.

Looking at, for example, 1 April, the ANA tool shows a single LH flight FRA-BKK — LH782, a 747 departing at 22:15.

Meanwhile united.com shows a single LH flight FRA-BKK on 1 April — LH772, an A346 departing at 17:35. And then lufthansa.com and other GDS sources also see LH772 available.

Edit: I called another agent who was able to find the space on LH772 and confirm and ticket it. Thanks, BookerNYC.
Yep. I noticed the same strangeness with ANA showing a LH flight that didn't appear to exist. Both United.com and Aeroplan were showing the flight as avail. Something wacky is up with LH, but I'm not complaining!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BookerNYC
Yep. I noticed the same strangeness with ANA showing a LH flight that didn't appear to exist. Both United.com and Aeroplan were showing the flight as avail. Something wacky is up with LH, but I'm not complaining!
My guess is that they are currently loading a bunch of schedule changes into the GDS and they have not yet loaded the "block selection except 10 days in advance for partners" logic for these new flight numbers//equipment.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-2014-a.html for the FRA-BKK service change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.