Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SAVER 1st class seats on Lufhansa with UA points summer 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAVER 1st class seats on Lufhansa with UA points summer 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by raehl311
I was having the same problem; there's definitely some phantom availability on the United website. Call in and ask them to tell you which days they still have availability on 495/494 (YYZ-MUC and back). I know when I did there was nothing on 495 on the 24th or 25th and I got the last seat on the 23rd and there was one left on the 26th.

Got the last seat on 494 back on the 6th. (In F; might still be C availability.)

Have them find and grab the 494/495 legs for you then add on whatever legs you need to get to/from Toronto (which itself isn't a bad place to overnight).

Best Part: Current Mileage Plus RDM balance: 769. Happy to contribute to Jeff's Q4 results.

So, Oktoberfest FT mini-do? I'm there the 23rd through 6th but will probably trek around the rest of Deutschland a bit.
I got that YYZ-MUC seat on the 24th, I'll be there 25th-29th then head elsewhere.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
Thanks OP for the heads up! Just booked BKK-FRA-MUC-YYZ for 70K all on LH. Wondering if I should change the BKK-FRA sector to TG.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by james84
Wondering if I should change the BKK-FRA sector to TG.
Yes! TG Spa in BKK.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA CX AC
Just got yyz.muc.txl in early June. Sweet...
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Thanks OP for the heads up! Just booked BKK-FRA-MUC-YYZ for 70K all on LH. Wondering if I should change the BKK-FRA sector to TG.
Happy to help but all the credit goes to my fellow BA blogger Ben. I am just so happy that I got mine booked and now down to 3241 UA miles and they can just go away! ^
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:00 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
Originally Posted by blueman2
LOL!!! I am exactly in the same place. Just spent 45 minutes on line with UA and no way to get from SFO-YYZ. So I just left it YYZ-MUC for now and will either buy my own or get something as it opens. There is a very good AC flight both ways, just no availability.

I was going to try to do during Oktoberfest, but decided it would be too busy for hotels then. So I am going early Sept.
We went this year to Munich for Oktoberfest and found quite a few hotels with award availability. We ended up staying right across the street at the Four Points for 11,500 per night. There were also hotels from other chains available which were a train ride away.

Don't be worried about finding a hotel during Oktoberfest. It is such an amazing experience and worth going to at least one time (maybe more)!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Sweet. Just booked a trip to Berlin and the Austrian Alps for June. Now I just need to figure out how to get from SAT to YYZ.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:11 pm

Website availability appears to differ from actual seat availability. I had to call united.com support to complete my reservation. Please don't yell at me. We all know this one isn't going to last and there wasn't any way to book online.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Website availability appears to differ from actual seat availability. I had to call united.com support to complete my reservation. Please don't yell at me. We all know this one isn't going to last and there wasn't any way to book online.
No no that is fine. Ben even says call when you find space as much can NOT be done online!^
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:19 pm

you would have to call in to book this itin, correct ? or is it possible to do it online with a multiple destination ?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I got that YYZ-MUC seat on the 24th, I'll be there 25th-29th then head elsewhere.
Well I don't know if I want to meet you now that I know you're the one who forced me to spend a whole extra day in Germany!

And as it turns out forgot an important date so now 9/17 to 9/30.

Last edited by raehl311; Nov 7, 2013 at 8:43 pm
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tyellee1
you would have to call in to book this itin, correct ? or is it possible to do it online with a multiple destination ?
I couldn't get anything beyond the YYZ-MUC leg to even show up online. I think you have to call everything else in.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
I just did a simple search for BKK-YYZ and for "Number of Flights to Display" I entered it as 50. The itinerary pops up close to the bottom of the list, but it wouldn't give me the TG-LH-LH option, so I changed it online after the ticket was issued.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Was able to price EWR-YYZ-MUC-CDG-BKK

EWR-YYZ (UA Y)
YYZ-MUC (LH F)
MUC-CDG (LH C)
CDG-BKK (TG F)

Great way to use up the last of those miles before the devaluation.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Once I found the YYZ-MUC-GOT and and back space I called and got the rep to do the rest!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.