Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script to highlight R/RN bucket availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script to highlight R/RN bucket availability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:07 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Darlox
Sorry... this is not "we" with respect to FT. This is "we" with respect to my company. The recent changes airline-wide, but most prominently the difficulty in getting anything but an RJ out of our home airports, have us seeking greener pastures. So UA will not be a big part of _our_ traveling lives at least for calendar 2014.
Thanks for the clarification. And commiserations on the RJ situation!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Working great!

Thanks, Darlox!! Working great now on Firefox 25 on Windows 7 64bit. This will become my new favorite script!!!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
You guys realize that the United server just sends a bunch of text to the user, and it's the user's browser that renders that text into something useable, right?

If this tool is violating the TOS, so is Chrome, Firefox, I.E., and any other web browser that doesn't render the page in the same text that it received in response to the HTTP request.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Ive noticed something strange and not sure why its happening. I am logged into my account but its saying im not. Below is what im seeing. Odd thing is it doesnt always happen, sometimes it works as planned. Any idea what i should look for?

Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:21 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Weez_1000
Ive noticed something strange and not sure why its happening. I am logged into my account but its saying im not. Below is what im seeing. Odd thing is it doesnt always happen, sometimes it works as planned. Any idea what i should look for?
Reboot your computer and try again.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
i can't seem to installl. get an error from chrome, any tips?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Chrome changed their security policy to disallow direct-loading of user scripts. Install Tampermonkey from the Chrome store (free) and then you will be able to load user scripts into Chrome again.

Good luck.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by RockinRon
Very cool tool! Saved me a ton of time to find that R/RN was all gone on the dates I selected.
Yes, the OTHER part of the problem. [sarcasm/on] But don't worry, you can keep checking every day. It still won't be there, but you might get an upsell at T-24. [sarcasm/off]
Old Aug 22, 2015, 7:39 am

Still functional?

I realized that the New United beta website is taking on action. I just tried to search some flights but the R inventory script doesn't seem to show anything. Is it working for any of you? I tried Firefox(didn't work), didn't try Chrome yet.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would be wonderful to have this tool back! ^
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Sorry all... this script no longer functions (well) even on the old site, and has not been updated to even be aware of the beta/new site.

Nobody here is flying enough UA anymore to motivate rewriting the script, but we are a bunch of geeky engineers, so once the new site is launched and stable, we might just do it anyhow... I'm also happy to help anybody who wants to take over the code, though since the Javascript is already available to anybody who downloaded the script, I'm not sure you need me.

There's not a whole lot of point in writing userscripts that change functionality, against a site that is still being deployed and heavily updated. That's just begging for all of your hard work to be undone! But once the site stabilizes and is broadly launched, we'll look at this again!
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Darlox
Sorry all... this script no longer functions (well) even on the old site, and has not been updated to even be aware of the beta/new site.

Nobody here is flying enough UA anymore to motivate rewriting the script, but we are a bunch of geeky engineers, so once the new site is launched and stable, we might just do it anyhow... I'm also happy to help anybody who wants to take over the code, though since the Javascript is already available to anybody who downloaded the script, I'm not sure you need me.

There's not a whole lot of point in writing userscripts that change functionality, against a site that is still being deployed and heavily updated. That's just begging for all of your hard work to be undone! But once the site stabilizes and is broadly launched, we'll look at this again!
That would be awesome I used to use the script all the time, but for me it was just a once a year thing to burn my GPU's then that was it.

If you get 'er going full steam again I would appreciate it!!
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
I realized that the New United beta website is taking on action. I just tried to search some flights but the R inventory script doesn't seem to show anything. Is it working for any of you? I tried Firefox(didn't work), didn't try Chrome yet.
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Would be wonderful to have this tool back! ^
I know this one is dead but the similar functionality on mine is still alive, both for old and new site. http://blog.wandr.me/2015/07/bringin...the-beta-site/
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whitethunder
That would be awesome I used to use the script all the time, but for me it was just a once a year thing to burn my GPU's then that was it.
Originally Posted by sbm12
I know this one is dead but the similar functionality on mine is still alive, both for old and new site. http://blog.wandr.me/2015/07/bringin...the-beta-site/
Thanks for the feedback from both of you, 14 (soon 16) GPUs to burn here!.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.