FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What does "next flight available" mean on United Airlines? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1515966-what-does-next-flight-available-mean-united-airlines.html)

emilio911 Oct 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 21691768)
the posted MCT for UA 0001-1764 connecting to/from UA 3250-6539 at SFO is 50 minutes which is far more plausible for T1-T3 transfers.

Please explain that: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...-SFOYVR0UA6223

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL (Post 21691936)
OP, take a look at your eTicket receipt - was there a schedule change on this reservation? If there was, UA may be willing to proactively rebook you for free.

sorry, no schedule change

Originally Posted by wto605 (Post 21691686)
It doesn't hurt to call and ask for the earlier flight,

Thanks! I'll call in a few weeks, I still have time.

WineCountryUA Oct 29, 2013 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by emilio911 (Post 21692530)

Suspect both flights (both UX) are scheduled in/out of T1 if so the MCT is 30/35 minutes.

QBK Oct 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Sheesh. This thread got tetchy fast!

I'll try to buck the trend by just providing my experience, with minimum commentary. My experience agrees with fastair's statements: rebooking on an AC codeshare is not only possible but has been routine for me. Once on PMUA as a lowly Premier (VDB -- I asked to be rebooked in J on AC and got it without argument) and more recently as a 1K flying out of YYZ (WX delay on my first leg was going to make me miss my connection).

In the latter case, the phone agent actually conferenced me in on her call with AC to get me the last seat on the AC flight (AC had Y availability, but no codeshare seats available). It was tricky, but I never felt that UA was balking at getting me where I needed to go, when I needed to get there, regardless of what it took.

FWIW, I've also been rebooked proactively on AS, AA, and even got protected on AA from ORD-PEK proactively (on request). The only thing I've never been able to get is a rebooking on WN. However, I suspect those positive experiences had a lot to do with 1K status.

Summary: it's totally possible, even routine, if you have high status on UA. If not, YMMV.

Kacee Oct 30, 2013 12:01 am

.com will sell that flight right now with the 35 minute connection.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 21692572)
Suspect both flights (both UX) are scheduled in/out of T1 if so the MCT is 30/35 minutes.

Bingo! CR2 to CR7. My that's a long ways in an RJ.

emcampbe Oct 30, 2013 5:03 am

Originally Posted by QBK (Post 21692620)
Sheesh. This thread got tetchy fast!

I'll try to buck the trend by just providing my experience, with minimum commentary. My experience agrees with fastair's statements: rebooking on an AC codeshare is not only possible but has been routine for me. Once on PMUA as a lowly Premier (VDB -- I asked to be rebooked in J on AC and got it without argument) and more recently as a 1K flying out of YYZ (WX delay on my first leg was going to make me miss my connection).

In the latter case, the phone agent actually conferenced me in on her call with AC to get me the last seat on the AC flight (AC had Y availability, but no codeshare seats available). It was tricky, but I never felt that UA was balking at getting me where I needed to go, when I needed to get there, regardless of what it took.

FWIW, I've also been rebooked proactively on AS, AA, and even got protected on AA from ORD-PEK proactively (on request). The only thing I've never been able to get is a rebooking on WN. However, I suspect those positive experiences had a lot to do with 1K status.

Summary: it's totally possible, even routine, if you have high status on UA. If not, YMMV.

WN doesn't interline with anyone - I think it would be fairly difficult to get UA or any other airline, to rebook with them. JetBlue doesn't either - I'm not sure about VX.

I've also had agents book me on AC. Last time, it was Eagle agents at CVG who had no problem re-booking me on the nonstop to YYZ when my ORD cnx was at risk. That time in line, ahead of me, they booked a couple of folks who were going to miss their connection to LAS on the nonstop DL. To those who say the contracted staff won't do things, I have contrary experience in CVG (these are the guys who have been handling CO for a long time there).

I've also been rebooked several times on AC, US and CO (for CO, this was before they they were out of Skyteam). PMUA - on the phone, even with the ICC as a 2P, I got rebooked a few times when I was going to miss the last connection of the night in ORD due to weather/ATC. Once I even got rebooked on the US LGA-DAY nonstop instead of EWR-CVG.

On all of these trips - I never needed to persuade - I would just ask something like - are they any alternatives on US instead - and they would happily book me.

emilio911 Oct 31, 2013 9:31 am

Can they put you on standby on an another airline's flight?