Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier Status Card Expiration Date?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Searched the forum and seems like my question is a mix of status match and premier card questions. But didn't see this addressed in any of those (long!) threads. Mods, feel free to append it to whichever existing thread it's closest to.

I did a status match with united in july. flew the necessary miles for premier silver in september. (yes, I know silver doesn't mean much, but the bonus miles will come in handy).

the entire time my account showed premier silver, but was not able to print the premier status card from the website. (the option just wasn't there). nor was I mailed the actual physical card. which is strange, since united status match states that you'll be mailed the physical card as soon as you hit the threshold, and don't have to wait for the full 90 days.

recently, the 90-day window of status match closed, and now i can print the temporary premier silver status card from the website. but it shows: valid thru 01/2014

My questions:

- I thought status matches after july would get status all of next year as well, and it should expire on january, 2015. would i get a new premier card in january with a new valid thru date, or something in my account is not right?

- would i also get the physical card or i shouldn't hold my breath for it?

thanks in advance!
Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle

Status match is for the current calendar year. If you fly the required level (25K PQM/30 PQS) the remainder of 2013 then you will attain Premier Silver for 2014. If not then I would suggest flying the necessary miles/segments needed, if possible.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
Status match is for the current calendar year. If you fly the required level (25K PQM/30 PQS) the remainder of 2013 then you will attain Premier Silver for 2014. If not then I would suggest flying the necessary miles/segments needed, if possible.
not quite: "Earned 2013 Premier status is valid through January 2014. For customers who qualify for this promotion on or after July 1, 2013, status is valid through January 2015."

http://www.united.com/web/en-us/apps...omoCode=TB8230

i just want to make sure it's to january 2015. is the temporary card accurate or will it reset to a new date in january/february 2014? how can i find out exact expiration date?

also, i didn't fly the necessary miles outright for silver during 2013.

thanks for the quick reply!
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:33 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
If you matched after July 1, yes, your status is good through January, 2015. You get the rest of the year in which you matched, plus the entire following year as if you'd qualified normally (e.g. pax earning status in 2013 will have it for all of 2014).

Your card will only show through the end of the current elite year. For example, my 1K card says Jan 2014, but I've already earned 2014 status (so I'm good through Jan 2015). The date on the temporary card online will change come February 2014 or thereabouts...
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
- would i also get the physical card or i shouldn't hold my breath for it? ....
you will get a physical card, but it may not be until January. (and as a post July qualifier, the January card will be good until Jan 31 2015)
There is no real value to possessing the physical silver card except as an account id reminder and a backup ice scrapper for car windows.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exerda
For example, my 1K card says Jan 2014, but I've already earned 2014 status (so I'm good through Jan 2015). The date on the temporary card online will change come February 2014 or thereabouts...
perfect! and that's what shows online, right?
i suspected that might be the case, but wanted to verified with seasoned status card holders.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
you will get a physical card, but it may not be until January. (and as a post July qualifier, the January card will be good until Jan 31 2015)
There is no real value to possessing the physical silver card except as an account id reminder and a backup ice scrapper for car windows.
yeah, i know the physical card is useless - no lounge access, nothing. but still would be nice to get it. Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2013, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks for the correction. I'm learning the new differences of the new Mileage Plus.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
For example, my 1K card says Jan 2014, but I've already earned 2014 status (so I'm good through Jan 2015). The date on the temporary card online will change come February 2014 or thereabouts...
My online card (Plat) says 1/14, but the physical card I was sent after meeting the challenge in July (or August) says 1/15.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy:21658268
My online card (Plat) says 1/14, but the physical card I was sent after meeting the challenge in July (or August) says 1/15.
My card sits on my briefcase & I am not sure if I have ever taken it out except to dispose of last year's...
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT; UA 1k
sometimes air canada requires physical card for lounge access
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by m0mo
sometimes air canada requires physical card for lounge access
but the OP's Silver card isn't going to help there.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
but the OP's Silver card isn't going to help there.
Yeah, the physical card itself is pretty useless. But still better than a paper printout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.