Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Different contents/fewer items in F snack boxes than in Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Different contents/fewer items in F snack boxes than in Y

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GregMM
Those fig bars are pretty good too. I had some this summer, and will be picking up more at some point.
Those fig bars are sold at Costco in a variety pack (Blueberry, Raspberry and Fig). They are good, and reasonably good for you, as far as fig bars go.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Kind is pretty high-end as far as bars go...color me surprised it's in a UA box
I've had KIND bars before (actually never from a UA box but I like that they are in them) given that the nutrition info/options on them seem a bit more healthy than Nature Valley and other things you may see on the shelves.
The Madagascar Vanilla Almond one is great!

Originally Posted by Sykes
It's pretty safe to assume that everything in the snack boxes is being provided to United close to or below the manufacturer's actual costs given the tremendous marketing opportunity.

(I have Delta to thank for my life-long Biscoff addiction.)
Yes...but I would never use the Smucker's. May as well just spread some wet sugar on something. However, I would say if I saw some artisanal looking packaging on a decent tasting jam I would probably stop and actually pick up a full size container if I saw it at the grocery store and see what it's all about.
YA HEAR THAT MARKETING TEAM?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by coutura
I don't think you were overruled. There was some confusion/discussion about F snack boxes vs the purchased Y snack boxes. If you purchased the Y Tapas snack box, then you should have had almonds and olives. However, as I said earlier, I think it was an earnest mistake by the FA. Had you kindly said something you probably would've gotten a second, replacement snack box for free.
Read the OP a little more carefully.

On the outbound flight, the OP was in economy & purchased the Tapas box. It had olives and almonds, as it should have.

On the return flight, the OP was in FC and received the complimentary PM snack box. It does not have olives and almonds in it. It is a different product than the Tapas box.

Therefore, there was not an "earnest" (sic) mistake by the FA. In fact, there was no mistake of any kind by the FA.

The OP has acknowledged that he/she was mistaken. Good for him/her.

End of story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.