Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EVA Air (BR) award questions / experiences / availability using UA miles

Old Oct 4, 13, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

So I used United miles to redeem for a friend and his family. At checkout it did not allow me to pick seat. I'd like to make sure his family of 4 gets to sit close as they have two young children. Does anyone know if Eva air will allow me to assign seats for them? Any idea how to do it online?

Anyone flown on this plane? I'm assuming that this is a decent company? I've never flown with them and only heard of them once. Hope they are not like China air.

Flight: BR18
Operated by EVA Airways.
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
Old Oct 4, 13, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by hqly2001 View Post
So I used United miles to redeem for a friend and his family. At checkout it did not allow me to pick seat. I'd like to make sure his family of 4 gets to sit close as they have two young children. Does anyone know if Eva air will allow me to assign seats for them? Any idea how to do it online?

Anyone flown on this plane? I'm assuming that this is a decent company? I've never flown with them and only heard of them once. Hope they are not like China air.

Flight: BR18
Operated by EVA Airways.
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
If your friend and his family are lucky, maybe they'll get to fly on a Hello Kitty plane with their EVA flight. If the EVA confirmation number does not show up when looking at the reservation on United.com, call United up and ask for the confirmation number. Use that to select seats on EVA's website or else call EVA up and ask for specific seats.
Old Oct 4, 13, 6:30 pm

Does anyone know if Eva air will allow me to assign seats for them? Any idea how to do it online?
If your flights are on EVA Air you can make seat assignment online from 100 days up to 24 hours before your scheduled flight departure. As stated above, you'll probably need to call UA res for the Eva conf #.

Btw, 4 is the maximum # of passengers allowed on a Eva Air itin, so you're fine!

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/eva.htm

Good Luck! ^

Last edited by LilAbner; Oct 4, 13 at 6:35 pm
Old Oct 5, 13, 4:22 am

you can use your UA ticket number to look up your itinerary to select seats on EVA Air's website.
Old Oct 5, 13, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by transconsan View Post
you can use your UA ticket number to look up your itinerary to select seats on EVA Air's website.
COOL!
My wife's got one of these to BKK in March and I'll give it a try 100 days out!
Old Oct 5, 13, 10:04 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
i booked an award reservation that included flights on UA, Asiana, Singapore, and Eva. On united.com when i view reservations and look at the other confirmation #s, only the asiana confirmation # showed up. I had to call in to get the conf for singapore/eva. the interesting thing that surprised me was that there was a single Confirmation# for singapore and eva. i took that # and went to singapore and eva websites and was able to select seats.
Old Oct 5, 13, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by LilAbner View Post
If your flights are on EVA Air you can make seat assignment online from 100 days up to 24 hours before your scheduled flight departure. As stated above, you'll probably need to call UA res for the Eva conf #.

Btw, 4 is the maximum # of passengers allowed on a Eva Air itin, so you're fine!

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/eva.htm

Good Luck! ^
Does that mean you can only book 4 awards - or if you need 5 could you split them in 2 reservations.?

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Old Oct 5, 13, 7:04 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by qisu View Post
i booked an award reservation that included flights on UA, Asiana, Singapore, and Eva. On united.com when i view reservations and look at the other confirmation #s, only the asiana confirmation # showed up. I had to call in to get the conf for singapore/eva. the interesting thing that surprised me was that there was a single Confirmation# for singapore and eva. i took that # and went to singapore and eva websites and was able to select seats.
The single confirmation # for two or more airlines is due to the fact that some airlines' reservation sytems are hosted by the same GDS, such as Amadeus. (See the Wikipedia page on PNRs.)

Originally Posted by erik123 View Post
Does that mean you can only book 4 awards - or if you need 5 could you split them in 2 reservations.?
Of course.
Old Oct 5, 13, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by erik123 View Post

Sorry to hijack the thread.
From the Eva Air website ---

Reservations can include up to 4 passengers per transaction. Children aged 2 to 11 years old (at the time of travel) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 16 years or older) listed in the reservation. Infant / child fare will be charged when infant under 2 years of age travels with a parent / guardian and the infant does not occupy a seat. For further information, please contact EVA Airways Reservation Office or Travel Agents.

It's not a matter of "splitting" the reservations imo, it would entail booking two separate reservations, if in fact 5 seats are available using miles.
Old Oct 5, 13, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by LilAbner View Post
COOL!
My wife's got one of these to BKK in March and I'll give it a try 100 days out!
One item to note: For first name and middle name, use the name in the United itinerary. Meaning John Kevin Smith (using the name from EVA) in UA is Smith/JohnK, so on the EVA website you need to put in JohnK as the first and middle name not JohnKevin.
Old Oct 6, 13, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Thx for info. Is there any way to get seats assigned now? 10 months out since they are traveling with 2 children? I'd like to secure seats of ether if possible.
Old Oct 6, 13, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thx for info. Is there any way to get seats assigned now? 10 months out since they are traveling with 2 children? I'd like to secure seats of ether if possible.
Not really. BR simply doesn't assign seats until 100 days prior. Doesn't matter if you have paid $10K for your ticket, BR won't do it. OTOH, no one else can assign seats either. You will have wide open choices at 100 day prior.

Online seat changes are available to the following passengers from 100 days up to 24 hours before departure
https://eservice.evaair.com/evaweb/e...spx?lang=en-us
Old Oct 7, 13, 3:03 am

Programs: DL
I'm based in Taipei and with two young kids, direct flights to the U.S. are a priority for me. In recent years EVA has refreshed their product and I really like flying them. Unfortunately for my family's travel needs, it makes more sense to consolidate on Delta/Sky Team so we've been flying China Airlines more recently. Their hard product is definitely older than EVA's. I think the service level is pretty similar (no complaints there).

Not my thing, but the Hello Kitty flights are only on select routes, which do not include TPE-SFO: http://evakitty.evaair.com/en/FlightRoutes.aspx
Old Nov 3, 13, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriot Plat Prem, Hyatt Diamond, AA EP
Eva award on United help

I know there are many threads on this, but I cannot find my specific question. I am currently booked on 12/24 in economy on BR32 from TPE_>JFK.

I might upgrade to first for 27500 additional miles.

Seat Guru shows this having a coach, elite, and premium laurel cabins. I am trying to figure out if I book this, will I be in elite, or premium laurel?

On the award booking, it only has economy, first, and business is unavailable.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike
Old Nov 3, 13, 7:26 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Gold, United Gold
Originally Posted by ekardz View Post
I know there are many threads on this, but I cannot find my specific question. I am currently booked on 12/24 in economy on BR32 from TPE_>JFK.

I might upgrade to first for 27500 additional miles.

Seat Guru shows this having a coach, elite, and premium laurel cabins. I am trying to figure out if I book this, will I be in elite, or premium laurel?

On the award booking, it only has economy, first, and business is unavailable.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike
Only Economy, Business, and First are available. The premium economy cabin is not doable with miles.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: