Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Changing ONLY dates on Economy award tickets.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

I cannot find my original thread after my last two posts were merged by the admin, but anyway, here's my question:

Is it possible to make changes to the award tickets (modifying dates only) online or do I need to call United for that? I plan to book award tickets (economy) before Feb 1st 2014, and then, when availability opens up, change the dates on those tickets. Wasn't sure if managing everything online is possible... ...

Thanks,
JS

Last edited by Joe Schoomer; Nov 13, 2013 at 1:58 pm Reason: changed title
Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by Joe Schoomer
I cannot find my original thread after my last two posts were merged by the admin, but anyway, here's my question:

Is it possible to make changes to the award tickets (modifying dates only) online or do I need to call United for that? I plan to book award tickets (economy) before Feb 1st 2014, and then, when availability opens up, change the dates on those tickets. Wasn't sure if managing everything online is possible... ...

Thanks,
JS
you should be able to do it online, but may have to pay change fees. That said, sometimes the website fails.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
you should be able to do it online, but may have to pay change fees. That said, sometimes the website fails.
+1

More than once the website forgot to collect change fees when miles were from non-status member.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by Joe Schoomer

Thanks,
JS
I changed the routing of an award flight taken in July 2013 at a time when such changes were free, as long as the origin and destination remained the same. Everything was done online, and I received a small refund due to the elimination of a connection in MUC.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.