UA.com Begins Instant Ticketing?

Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA*PP, SPG*G
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Maybe they'll soon offer Premier Access to the ticketing queues? $10 fee ensures ticketing in five minutes or less
Ssssh....don't give them any ideas!
Old Sep 25, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Yup - it varies. I've had it take anywhere from a few seconds (in the middle of the night) to hours. Itineraries involving partners tend to take longer than UA metal but it's always a crapshoot.

back in the day, the CO elite desk could change your priority in the queue, for example if you were booking a flight that was departing very soon, but I'm not sure if the new UA still does that.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experience today. I book through a corporate travel agency, Balboa, by booking using Concur. Usually it takes about 30 minutes or more before get the emails that it is ticketed. I booked online today using Concur but needed to call Balboa for my hotel for my Hilton Diamond Force on sold out hotel. I clicked on confirm the air and rental car, picked up my phone and before I finished opening my contacts and selecting Balboa the confirmation of ticketing the flights came through. Less than a minute and it went through Concur, to Balboa to United.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:01 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
7 seconds just now.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Has instant ticketing returned to United?

I just booked two award tickets, and they ticketed within seconds. Is this a sign of things to come? Or a fluke?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Changes or new bookings?

Changes get highest priority and appear instant.

If this is new bookings, that would rock.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I just booked two award tickets, and they ticketed within seconds. Is this a sign of things to come? Or a fluke?
I have had some revenue on-line purchases ticket in 30-45 seconds in the past two weeks. Not sure it is significant one way or another.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I ticketed two TG awards on Friday and they both ticketed within minutes.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I hope you're right! One of the worst things about SHARES is waiting those agonizingly long minutes/hours when R=1 or 2.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:11 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
UA fed the mouse tonight & it had more energy to run the treadmill that powers UA's website.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by mkr
UA fed the mouse tonight & it had more energy to run the treadmill that powers UA's website.
+1. LOL
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS
I've booked a couple of award tickets in the past 2 weeks (one on TG, one on BR and a third with UA) -- all ticketed within 30 seconds of purchase.

Originally Posted by Air Houston
I have had some revenue on-line purchases ticket in 30-45 seconds in the past two weeks. Not sure it is significant one way or another.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:36 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Good news if true ^ but was your booking with or without using an e-cert and if an e-cert was used, was it a "016" or a TCVA? The reason I ask is that when I book using a TCVA e-cert, there's always been a delay.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by channa
Changes or new bookings?
Originally Posted by goalie
was your booking with or without using an e-cert
New award tickets.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:58 pm

On the contrary, I booked a simple BOS-SFO ticket on united.com yesterday evening. Out of habit, I went into my account an hour ago to make sure it ticketed, and behold, it hasn't. I had to call to get it ticketed just now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.