Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

So... who wants to see the new redesigned United.com homepage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So... who wants to see the new redesigned United.com homepage?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:14 pm

I'm hoping they're revealing a return to delivery of promised elite benefits (no more upgrades to non-elites at unpublished fares), and a return to mainline flights (I could care less if they fly to more destinations overall when they have fewer US mainline destinatsion than Southwest).
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by starflyer
I'm hoping they're revealing a return to delivery of promised elite benefits (no more upgrades to non-elites at unpublished fares), and a return to mainline flights (I could care less if they fly to more destinations overall when they have fewer US mainline destinatsion than Southwest).
Dying of laughter! Well, we can dream. Fingers crossed for a good "surprise" instead of another "enhancement".
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Exclamation

Originally Posted by flyingnosh
In the past twelve months I bought a ticket on DL, AA, and US. Ugh. Horrible websites. The UA site is one of the most functional websites that I come across in my regular web use. Please don't fix what's not broken.
+100

The new design looks awfully like DL website with all these useless graphics.

Since COdbaUA management never hides their admiration of DL, no surprise here.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
In the past twelve months I bought a ticket on DL, AA, and US. Ugh. Horrible websites. The UA site is one of the most functional websites that I come across in my regular web use. Please don't fix what's not broken.
I still completely agree with this. Although the website GUI hasn't been updated in quite a long time, the functionality is all there in *easy to read* formats.

Have you seen delta.com lately? I still can't find the info I'm looking for quickly on any single webpage.

USAirways.com has gotten a little better recently.

-RM
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I still completely agree with this. Although the website GUI hasn't been updated in quite a long time, the functionality is all there in *easy to read* formats.

Have you seen delta.com lately? I still can't find the info I'm looking for quickly on any single webpage.

-RM
US, however, still remarkably does not have an app.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
I hope that the new site will realize that UA does after all fly from IAD to FRA. Several days in a row I get the message that UA doesn't fly that route.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
US, however, still remarkably does not have an app.
That changed a few weeks ago, but still hilariously long overdue. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...w-live-13.html
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
While I may hate flying UA, I have to agree that the current UA.com is the best of all US airlines.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nevansm
That changed a few weeks ago, but still hilariously long overdue. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...w-live-13.html
Wow. Never thought it'd happen.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Have to agree. The new DL site and pitiful US site are both awful.

Hope this is one path UA doesn't follow DL down ...
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:39 pm

Functionality can go well with sexy ... if it's done right.

Of course we will see how well it is implemented.

At the UADo in November, they said they were building the new site for mobile devices (tablets, iphones/ipads, etc) and based on their current UA app. We shall see in the next few months how well it turned out.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:58 pm

-RM
Concur. So easy to get to the info I need on United.com - flight prices, upgrade availability, fare codes, processing upgrades. Hope that isn't diluted for the sake of aesthetic the way Delta has gone since the days of NWA.com's retirement.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
UA has more info on their site than other sites. As long as the new site keeps the info but organizes it nicely, and replaces Alex with regular search for easy searching, then the site will be a huge improvement.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Hopefully the new website will retain the features that many of us utilize on a frequent basis (expert mode, search specific fare classes, etc..)
Not that I would probably notice. Expert mode doesn't work for me about 80% of the time.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 5:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

-RM
I don't have any problem finding what I need on delta.com or AA.com. Yes, both web sites changed, and it took awhile to find some things, but I have no trouble using either web site to accomplish what I want to do, and both are more pleasant to look at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.