Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

So... who wants to see the new redesigned United.com homepage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So... who wants to see the new redesigned United.com homepage?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:41 am

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by United747
The Copa webpage looks strikingly similar...
Let's just hope its similarity is in appearance only. I use the Copa site frequently, and it makes united.com look like cutting edge technology. Copa's site is bugggg-iiiieeee. I'm a Copa fan, but their website is a PITA. I only use it because it's too hard to get their flights to show up on UA's site when they are to/from the USA, and Copa gives 25% PQM bonuses for Premier members booking on their site.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 4:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by entropy
yeah except Alex is going by "Ana" there.
Alex appears to be absent from the web page. Which would be a ^.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Nice catch Sulley! It would be nice to have a new look for the website. The design is in bad need of updates. Seems all other airlines have updated their websites except for UA/CO.

For those complaining about bugs - it's tied to SHARES so of course there will be bugs! At least we'll be able to create a new forum to list all those bugs.

I wonder if this will go public formally in the new year and in a few months on the preview site.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by mh3265a

I wonder if this will go public formally in the new year and in a few months on the preview site.
It isn't on the preview site at this point. that was the first thing I checked when I read about Sulley's excellent catch.

I wonder if the ad people did it on purpose.....
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:39 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Good eye Sulley…glad you noticed

Stay tuned for quite a bit more over the next few months…

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines

Last edited by UA Insider; Sep 24, 2013 at 8:39 am Reason: AIrlines --> Airlines
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by joshwex90
They should replace Alex with a regular search function + online chat.
Or replace her with that salmon sweater lady from Chase.

Fewer pull down and clicks to get around will be helpful. We shall see.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Or replace her with that salmon sweater lady from Chase.

Fewer pull down and clicks to get around will be helpful. We shall see.
At this juncture, I could care less about features. I just want it to work. I want to be able to complete a transaction, accurately, with a reasonable degree of effort, and without having to call Manila to tweak a bunch of magic levers on the back-end to circumvent all the front end and other systemic bugs.

Let's focus on that first. Existing functionality should WORK properly. Then, think about new features.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: AS 75k, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Good eye Sulley…glad you noticed

Stay tuned for quite a bit more over the next few months…

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Aaron -- when new policies or processes are introduced here, they are sometimes accompanied by some level of reasoning, and sometimes they are not. Because the website and app experience is so critical to those of us flying UA frequently, anything background information you can provide when making the announcement about re-designs, etc., would be welcome. I don't think we expect a complete pullback of the curtains, but some information about high level goals (responsive web design, UX philosophies, etc) would be welcomed. As a product manager for enterprise software, I know that it can be difficult to explain everything that goes into version planning, but to the degree you can share, I'm sure it will help us understand why a change was made (beyond the obvious) and what we can expect going forward.

Just planting the seed now so that you can talk to the appropriate people in advance, if possible. Another idea might be a Q&A with the product manager for the website, or other similar individual.

Thank you.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by enki
Aaron -- when new policies or processes are introduced here, they are sometimes accompanied by some level of reasoning, and sometimes they are not. Because the website and app experience is so critical to those of us flying UA frequently, anything background information you can provide when making the announcement about re-designs, etc., would be welcome. I don't think we expect a complete pullback of the curtains, but some information about high level goals (responsive web design, UX philosophies, etc) would be welcomed. As a product manager for enterprise software, I know that it can be difficult to explain everything that goes into version planning, but to the degree you can share, I'm sure it will help us understand why a change was made (beyond the obvious) and what we can expect going forward.

Just planting the seed now so that you can talk to the appropriate people in advance, if possible. Another idea might be a Q&A with the product manager for the website, or other similar individual.

Thank you.
Or maybe old UA Insider (i.e. Shannon) could stop by and give us some insight. Didn't she leave because she was working on the new site?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
DYKWIA?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Say goodbye to 2006!!!
Meh! While it's content changes daily, MIT's general website design is not significantly different from what it was in 2006. Simple. Elegant. Functional.

I go to an airline's website to book tickets and check itineraries, not to be inspired.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:59 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by w0rldtravlr
Fresh new design, fresh new bugs. Yay progress!.
And more reason to validate my signature
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Perhaps the new website will be released on Friday?

Hopefully the new website will retain the features that many of us utilize on a frequent basis (expert mode, search specific fare classes, etc..)
Originally Posted by mitchmu
We'll like what they are revealing? I am still reeling from all the other changes they said we would like.
Well, the 27th IS a Friday, brace yourselves.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
Another change you will like. bahahahaha
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Maybe I'm the only one, but I LIKE the current site. It's easy enough to get done what I need to get done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.