Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United SFO Family Day - October 13th, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United SFO Family Day - October 13th, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:43 pm

Waitlisted.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
Confirmed. My +1 will be there but I may not be able to go, I'm going to let UA know for sure by Monday. So, there's at least 1 person on the waitlist who may get my wristband.

Thanks again UA, its so awesome that you let the customers into this. ^
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: Continental
After attending the event for the last 2 years as a member of the United Flyers Community, I am waitlisted now...

Maybe they are going to clear the waitlist based on your annual "spend".
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:44 pm

Remember, you can still get into Family Day via the FFG Mini-DO! We've got space for about 2 more people.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:32 pm

Cleared waitlist today

Got message from UAInsider. Can't wait to go !
Old Oct 11, 2013, 4:28 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UAFlyer
Got message from UAInsider. Can't wait to go !
And hopefully someone will get my spot as I had to cancel due to a last minute family issue so I pm'd UA Insider to pull me off the list and to hopefully someone will clear the waitlist
Old Oct 11, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by goalie
And hopefully someone will get my spot as I had to cancel due to a last minute family issue so I pm'd UA Insider to pull me off the list and to hopefully someone will clear the waitlist
Bummed we won't get to see you. Hopefully next year
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Have we got a plane pulling team lined up? I'm in if we do!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I wanted to leave my small bag in the United Club as I a flying out Sunday night. I went to the club last night in T3 when I arrived and asked about lockers or a place to leave a bag and was told since 9-11 they did away with this. I was told if I left something unattended this would be considered a security issue just like a bag unattended in the terminal area.
I told the agent at most of the CO PC clubs which are now UA clubs they have lockers or a baggage storage area. I have done this even to this day at EWR. Why is this policy not consistent accross the board at all UA clubs. What about other UAPM clubs say ORD and DEN, do they have an area to leave bags.
For the event tomorrow would it be OK to bring a small bag with me.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: UA Platinum
By an incredible stroke of good luck, I got a wristband for the event. Basically, I was whining to a friend about how I only made it to the waiting list for this event and he told me I believe the wife of a friend of my wife works at United in SFO... she is here, let's ask her :-)

In any case, any advice on what not to miss?

Thanks, and good luck for those of you still waiting for tickets.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
What is the date for next year? I really need to plan ahead of time.
Thanks, Cheers
Old Oct 12, 2013, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by DocTravel
What is the date for next year? I really need to plan ahead of time.
Thanks, Cheers
Its always the same. Columbus day weekend.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:45 pm

Who is already in town?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Fly to SFO tomorrow morning from Denver. Anyone else will be on UA277?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, National EE
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
I wanted to leave my small bag in the United Club as I a flying out Sunday night. I went to the club last night in T3 when I arrived and asked about lockers or a place to leave a bag and was told since 9-11 they did away with this. I was told if I left something unattended this would be considered a security issue just like a bag unattended in the terminal area.
I told the agent at most of the CO PC clubs which are now UA clubs they have lockers or a baggage storage area. I have done this even to this day at EWR. Why is this policy not consistent accross the board at all UA clubs. What about other UAPM clubs say ORD and DEN, do they have an area to leave bags.
For the event tomorrow would it be OK to bring a small bag with me.
As long as you carry the bag with you, and don't mind it being searched, it should be okay. I think there is also a service at SFO that'll store your bags for a fee--just google SFO luggage storage.

IME, although there are luggage storage areas at the UCs, they're only for the time you're at the club. But, I'm pretty sure you could get away with leaving it there for a while.

Is there a place where FTers are going to meet up tomorrow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.