Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Help! Left my laptop in UA lounge in NRT and getting no love contacting them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2013, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most of them

I dont know how I could have made this mistake (other than exhaustion from prior flights and long weather delays --- and general stupidity) but I left my laptop in the lounge at Narita. I clearly remember using it right up until I went to the gate...the 800 number for lost baggage/lost and found hasn't been much use, nor was the customer service when I left the plane.

What is worse is I really need one file off the laptop asap and would really like to talk to a warm body in NRT.

ANy suggestions? If anyone knows, you my flying friends would know.

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA *Gold
try NRT lost and found. I assume that UA would turn it over. The Japanese are scrupulously honest, so if it was turned in to them, you can expect a reply. Did you put one of those name and address labels on it?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Have you tried tweeting united?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
+81 476-33-8130
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

No answer at +81 476-33-8130 --- guessing that may be the lounge number but no one at UA seems to be able to roust them. Unfortunately no labels on the lapttop (pretty new and hadn't gotten around to it)---tried tweeting... in other words I am folowing the "all of the above" strategy. Thanks. Will let you know!

Hooray! MatthewLAX's number worked! They have my Macbook Pro and have moved it to some office where I am chasing it down now. Proof that five minutes on flyertalk is better than 2 hours on the phone with UA.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 16, 2013 at 7:29 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by fracmeister
Hooray! MatthewLAX's number worked! They have my Macbook Pro and have moved it to some office where I am chasing it down now. Proof that five minutes on flyertalk is better than 2 hours on the phone with UA.
Glad to hear ^
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
^ Excellent!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Even better, the guys on the other end have opened my laptop and emailed me the file that is more important than the laptop. I almost always save these to dropbox, but wouldn't you know what happens the first time I don't? Better discipline from now on out!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: United Gold
Even better, the guys on the other end have opened my laptop and emailed me the file that is more important than the laptop. I almost always save these to dropbox, but wouldn't you know what happens the first time I don't? Better discipline from now on out!
Wow that's incredible! Kudos to whomever is helping you on the other end! (p.s. are they United people?)
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:33 pm

Awesome

What a great feeling. I left my carryon on a plane last year at PSP, realized right away, tried to retrieve, was told i had to go back to united check in, was routed to baggage claim, small airport, quick turnaround, i was frustrated as i just wanted my carry on which had my laptop among other sensitive items.

it was like the abyss, the line at baggage claim was so long, my husband finally made his way to the gate, where the gate agent told him there was nothing on the plane as they did a check, he watched it pull away.....I was beside myself, as i finally got to the top of the line, the baggage guy told me he only handled checked luggage.

i was a mess....United(skywest) was unprofessional if not idiotic.

Three days later i got a call from Tucson, a flight attendant found the bag!

Lessons in life
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Great story, great result!

When my friends were living in Tokyo, one of their guests left his laptop on the street. It got turned into the local police station. Scrupulously honest indeed.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
This is truly an incredible story. You should say an extra prayer to your guardian angel!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:44 pm

Proof that five minutes on flyertalk is better than 2 hours on the phone with UA.
^
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
^^^ for UA on this one!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by kettle1
^^^ for UA on this one!
I think it's more a ^ for FT & Japanese culture than UA. If OP had been just a regular non-FT'er this wouldn't have ended the way it did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.