Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Heads Up: CR7 Configuration and Seatmap Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Heads Up: CR7 Configuration and Seatmap Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Hmmm...pretty big and unfortunate cut to the E+ cabin, especially as I've never really bought into the concept of exit row as E+.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 5:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eflyte
Hmmm...pretty big and unfortunate cut to the E+ cabin, especially as I've never really bought into the concept of exit row as E+.
if it has the legspace while not. Most exit rows are better than standard E+, so it is clearly a premium seat ( except on double exit rows if you like seat recline don't pick the the first row). The only other potential negative is the fixed arm rests that exit rows and bulkheads have.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 5:32 pm

Dislike the fixed armrests, prefer to be toward the front of the plane, and every aircraft has exit rows whether it has a premium economy section or not. Don't get me wrong, I understand the benefits and get that pretty much every airline is marketing exit rows as preferred seating these days. Just seems distinct from the economy plus concept to me.

Last edited by eflyte; Sep 7, 2013 at 7:06 pm
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:44 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
UA Insider: As someone who frequently flies the CR7, I'm interested in these changes. When you say first class will have "similar pitch," is that an euphemism for a small, but not insignificant loss of pitch? And what's being done to Row 3, other than redesignating it as Row 7? Any changes in pitch or in the configuration of the bulkhead in front of it?
Uh-oh...I'd say your estimation is true, with UA Insider's silence to your question, given he answered others in the thread after you. Probably not good.

Last edited by MBS MillionMiler; Sep 7, 2013 at 7:49 pm
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by spin88
So DL has 12 Economy comforts seats and 9 FC, UAL has 6 FC, and 16 E+. Its basically the domestic difference between UAL and DL. On UAL you ride in Y (sometimes in E+) while on DL you get upgraded.
Anytime you take away something good and replace it with something worse, it is a downgrade. This is a downgrade, and another weekend announcement.

That said, for the implication that on UA you may get E+ and on DL you'll get upgraded, I have flown probably 30 segments on UA CRJ-700. I was upgraded on probably 28 of them, and the couple of E+ segments were great. I really like this aircraft despite it being an RJ.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:03 pm

eflyte: E+ is not a distinct cabin, or a different experience. It's just more legroom.

If were speaking generally, not just about RJ's, the exit rows typically have even more legroom. They're like E++. Not sure why they wouldn't be included. Since E+ is about legroom, why wouldn't you include the seats with the best legroom on the plane.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
Anytime you take away something good and replace it with something worse, it is a downgrade. This is a downgrade, and another weekend announcement.

That said, for the implication that on UA you may get E+ and on DL you'll get upgraded, I have flown probably 30 segments on UA CRJ-700. I was upgraded on probably 28 of them, and the couple of E+ segments were great. I really like this aircraft despite it being an RJ.
What routes were these on? I've only had a few CR7 segments but they were all generally pretty hard for an upgrade as a 1K. These were mainly on larger markets where a mainline aircraft should be used, but the large RJs have found their way to these routes (e.g. ORD-PHL, IAD-ATL, YVR-(LAX or SFO))
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:19 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
eflyte: E+ is not a distinct cabin, or a different experience. It's just more legroom....
Well.... Interestingly, on my past several mainline flights, the purser has announced that there were three separate "cabins" on the flight and that Economy Plus cost extra.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by UA Insider
And in case you're superstitious, in the future there won't be a Row 13 in future CR7s, either.
Further evidence that this is COdbaUA
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
This is actually good news. I'd rather see the capacity go up by 4 where I fly those babies.

Now for the big question: Can we make sure that all of those get current with the livery and lose the tulips as well, pretty please (and this goes for the 145s and E170s as well...).
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by IflyfromABE
This is actually good news. I'd rather see the capacity go up by 4 where I fly those babies.

Now for the big question: Can we make sure that all of those get current with the livery and lose the tulips as well, pretty please (and this goes for the 145s and E170s as well...).
You prefer to lose E+ seats?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Well.... Interestingly, on my past several mainline flights, the purser has announced that there were three separate "cabins" on the flight and that Economy Plus cost extra.
That there is a surcharge to get the seats is different from it being a different cabin. Just ask HMRC. If they could tax it at the higher rate they certainly would.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by warreng24
Further evidence that this is COdbaUA
And what exactly is wrong with not having a row 13? Plenty of airlines don't have a row 13, heck some even start at like row 40. So this is not just limited to CO.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by nova08
What routes were these on? I've only had a few CR7 segments but they were all generally pretty hard for an upgrade as a 1K. These were mainly on larger markets where a mainline aircraft should be used, but the large RJs have found their way to these routes (e.g. ORD-PHL, IAD-ATL, YVR-(LAX or SFO))
The most recent were these, but I'd need to go into my history to look up any others

LAX - SMF, YLW, DFW, YVR, PHX
IAH - DFW
ORD - BUF
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
And what exactly is wrong with not having a row 13? Plenty of airlines don't have a row 13, heck some even start at like row 40. So this is not just limited to CO.
The entire 13 thing is dumb. I've been in several buildings where floor 14 is 13 as they skip 13.

I do know some buildings, with an empty 13th floor.

Either way, not really a sCO thing, but people really do fall for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.