Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any consolidated source for Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013 Int'l service reductions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any consolidated source for Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013 Int'l service reductions?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
I imagine the airlines anticipate the count with additional flights. I have a conference I attend every Thanksgiving week and can attest that Tues and WED before TGVNG airports are packed
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I imagine the airlines anticipate the count with additional flights. I have a conference I attend every Thanksgiving week and can attest that Tues and WED before TGVNG airports are packed
Looking at mainline flights, UA has 1,809 departures scheduled on 11/27 (day before thanksgiving) and 1,779 11/20 the same day, one week prior, a <2% increase.

There isn't a substantial amount of capacity, either in empty seats or idle airplanes to create an opportunity for significantly more network-wide passenger volume on any special day. I think the majority of the "busy" feeling comes from the fact that there's lots of families (e.g., kids) traveling so it's more of an ordeal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.