Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Print Wikipost

United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by andyh64000
According to the SFO bartender they switched to smaller glasses. I talked to her a day or two before the big change so I have not actually seen the glasses but she said they were in the back already and much smaller than the then current complementary beer glasses.
Anecdotes and apocrypha, all of it!

Do you have any idea just how thimble-like 6 oz. is? Even a 10 oz. glass would *feel* small.

Bring on the measuring cups!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
According to the SFO bartender they switched to smaller glasses. I talked to her a day or two before the big change so I have not actually seen the glasses but she said they were in the back already and much smaller than the then current complementary beer glasses.
Interesting. Was at the CLE UC yesterday and the beer glasses were actually BIGGER than the previous ones. Not immensely, but definitely a bigger glass.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eric Westby
Anecdotes and apocrypha, all of it!

Do you have any idea just how thimble-like 6 oz. is? Even a 10 oz. glass would *feel* small.

Bring on the measuring cups!
Well I cancelled my UC membership and got a refund but I have an international flight coming up in October and will bring a measuring cup.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
At the SFO Domestic UC right now and there was no wifi login needed. Bar was no less busy than any other time too.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Currently in the UC Club at T7 at LAX and the bar does not seem very busy at all for the last couple of hours. They were serving complimentary Miller Genuine Draft and Sycamore Lane Wine. Not many folks purchasing the overpriced drinks, but most going for the complimentary ones.

Oh well, shortly off to the friendly skies and some decent complimentary drinks.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep trying...it took me several emails worded stronger and stronger each time.

What they did is a complete BS bait and switch and everyone should have the option of a refund.
I'm really surprised they're giving folks a hard time for cancelling their memberships for a pro rata refund. The changes are clearly material, and the language that says they can do whatever the heck they want would seem boilerplate. So their legal position ain't great. And from a customer service perspective, it's nuts to piss off your clients over this.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:39 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Wifi:
Not only do I have multiple devices (3), but I also usually run with multiple tabs and windows open in my browser. On the laptop, I have to keep a second type of browser unopened in such "authentication" situations, including hotels or McDonalds or Panera, to open so I can find whatever login page, or get the "security key" properties popup is needed to coordinate a complete connection "process". Ugh.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 8:49 am
Suspended

At the Club in EWR next to gate C120. Its the first time at the Club before this big change. I do agree that this place is over-crowded. I can deal with the cheap booze and water down beer. Whats plan B?? Waiting at the gate with the rest of the "unclean"? I'll renew my Club pass.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 9:32 am
EEE

Programs: UA Gold
I think what we really need is a Wiki article listing the best UC alternates for each airport. For example, I had no idea until my recent defection to Alaska/Delta that we had a pair of good bars in BOS Terminal A, as long as we were willing to take the underground walkway out to the remote building.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by EEE
I think what we really need is a Wiki article listing the best UC alternates for each airport. For example, I had no idea until my recent defection to Alaska/Delta that we had a pair of good bars in BOS Terminal A, as long as we were willing to take the underground walkway out to the remote building.
^^ to the above idea. Should it be added to the wiki on this thread, or should a new thread be started?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by halls120
^^ to the above idea. Should it be added to the wiki on this thread, or should a new thread be started?
I'd do it on this thread, then all of the info will be together in the wiki. Makes things clear right away.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by EEE
^ Great idea! I hope somebody with the know-how sets that up!
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fivesixseven
I'd do it on this thread, then all of the info will be together in the wiki. Makes things clear right away.
I'd personally advocate for having it in a different thread, so things don't get too unwieldy.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA-1k, AA-EP, HH-D, Marriott-G,HPass-PL, Avis-Pres, Hertz-Pres
United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept. - Oct. 2013

Interesting received an email from a UA CS agent regarding my emails and notice that I would be canceling my chase card/UA membership.

The email asked me to call when possible. 4 messages left for CS rep no return call I think management has out the end to followup.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Finally got around to sending my letter. Expecting a good chuckle in return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.