Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Print Wikipost

United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by edcho
It's an old CO discount program that they took away after the merger (although it just applied to wines at the time):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/7678079-post27.html
Their credit card crap is all over the place at airports, in the clubs, and on the AC. Makes UA look like a cheap, classless, greyhound airline, IMHO.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:31 am

The premium wines aren't a terrible deal, especially with the $3 discount from the PP or UC credit cards.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
The do serve alcohol in the morning, but it starts later then the opening hours of the club. It has been a long time, but I think the bar opened up around 9 AM for so.
Ah, that's pretty awesome then but will only have about 30min to drink before heading off to my flight.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Ok, this is now personal.

Some time in the last 4 weeks, they've also Jeffed-Up the Global First lounge in IAD. The Veuve bubbles are gone, replaced with Heidseck Monopole Blue Label. Sigh...at least it's still drinkable.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
The premium wines aren't a terrible deal, especially with the $3 discount from the PP or UC credit cards.
And an even better deal now that Far Niente is back. Haven't seen it for almost three years! At $11 with the PP card it's one of the best buys they have.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:57 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi everyone,

I know the feedback in this thread is far greater than what can be addressed in a single post, but given this is an area you care about I wanted to share a couple minor updates:

First, as a few of you have noted, the Chase wine program discount of $3 now applies to champagne and spirits in addition to premium wines. It does not apply to beers.

Second, we recently lowered some of the spirit prices. There's a new price point of $7 (vs $9 previously) for select spirits including Tito's. The $3 discount still applies to these.

Third, there will be a few "holiday cocktail" options appearing at most of our hubs through the end of the year. Look out for these in tent cards at/near the United Club bar. The $3 discount also applies.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Are there any plans to return the discount on in-flight drinks for PP cardholders?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
That's better than nothing, but obviously a far cry from what members had three months ago. I would be thrilled if Jack was offered complimentary similar to what Delta offers in their clubs.

Originally Posted by paule123
Are there any plans to return the discount on in-flight drinks for PP cardholders?
That'd be a really useful perk for the club card as well.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 27, 2013 at 10:28 pm Reason: merge
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
That'd be a really useful perk for the club card as well.
I totally agree---especially now that F upgrades happen for so few elites.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by sgfood
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker1999

And an even better deal now that Far Niente is back. Haven't seen it for almost three years! At $11 with the PP card it's one of the best buys they have.
Far Niente is back? Can you tell us which airports have it? I had seen it pretty regularly at ORD, until the latest "enhancement." It would be nice if it were more widely available.

That's better than nothing, but obviously a far cry from what members had three months ago. I would be thrilled if Jack was offered complimentary similar to what Delta offers in their clubs.
Agreed. This is a step in the right direction. But the complimentary spirits are still a step down from what Delta pours -- especially the whiskey.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 28, 2013 at 9:51 am Reason: merge
Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:35 am
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
That's better than nothing, but obviously a far cry from what members had three months ago.
Still won't cause me to even think about renewing membership.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
It's the United cycle of abuse. Beat up the ones you 'love', then hold them and tell them that you love them, giving them a token gift (or at least a discount when using a specific co-branded credit card), making it a bit better. United is masters of this- Expert mode / EF shenanigans being another good example.

Invariably these relationships only get worse. I'm glad I busted out of my United Club relationship.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
So the continuation of the airline who doesn't care about elites, but if you have a Chase card you are god?

Yeah I don't want a chase card, I guess I'll settle for being a POS to the airline.

Hello AA next year
Old Nov 28, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by UATexasFlyer
Still won't cause me to even think about renewing membership.

Although a steep reduction in the perceived value of the club membership, I will still hold onto my membership. I like getting away from the gate area and enjoying a hot shower after a long flight.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 4:33 am
RNE

Neither the Red Carpet nor the Presidents Clubs have ever—ever!—been anything more than pretentious pens of pomposity for posers and their pip-squeaks. Aside from free drinks and somewhat comfortable seating, most airport Applebee's are far superior. The Clubs are so low, lamenting their "degradation" is tantamount to division by zero.

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
So the continuation of the airline who doesn't care about elites, but if you have a Chase card you are god?
UA cares about upper tier elites—whose PQD is likewise upper tier, of course. And while credit card holders bring a lot of cash to the bottom line, they are not gods—merely demigods.

Yeah I don't want a chase card, I guess I'll settle for being a POS to the airline.
Suit yourself.

Hello AA next year
Bye.

RNE, a demigod.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.