Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Linking United Explorer Card To United Account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

All

When I signed up for the Explorer card I did not have my United account details with me. How do I now ensure the card is linked to the account ? Is there anyway I can check online as I don't seem to see a 'linked to card' type of option on Chase or United ?

thanks

WC
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Give Chase a call. If you did not give Chase an account number when you signed up for the card, they made you one.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately had it with me but phone (where it was stored) ran out of battery when needed.......doh!

I assume this should be an easy switch right ?

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Wildcatz1
Unfortunately had it with me but phone (where it was stored) ran out of battery when needed.......doh!

I assume this should be an easy switch right ?

Thanks
It should be. But it might need a United MP rep afterwards (to merge the accounts).

Note that you'll know when it's linked when you get a pop-up near your mileage expiration date thanking you for being a Chase cardholder.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:11 am
Original Poster

AA

So should I call Chase or should I be calling United MP ?

Thanks

WC
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Wildcatz1
AA

So should I call Chase or should I be calling United MP ?

Thanks

WC
Both. Chase to get the "new" number and then change that number on file with Chase so that future miles go to the right account.

UA to merge the two account numbers, so that you get the bonus miles from the new account. If the new account had no miles, then you don't need to make that call.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Looks like United did a great job searching as they had already linked the right account !

Thanks for the help all

WC

Originally Posted by aacharya
Both. Chase to get the "new" number and then change that number on file with Chase so that future miles go to the right account.

UA to merge the two account numbers, so that you get the bonus miles from the new account. If the new account had no miles, then you don't need to make that call.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:10 pm

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
Wildcatz - curious to hear if you get any issue and/or do get a verified with visa logo when you make your bookings
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: mileage plus
can you link any Mileageplus account to the card? Suppose I want to sign-up a family member and link the points to my account so we can pool them together.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by bikecraft
can you link any Mileageplus account to the card? Suppose I want to sign-up a family member and link the points to my account so we can pool them together.
It is not how this works.

In short - 1 card > 1 account.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Explorer card has my MileagePlus # embossed on the back - just above the United 800 number. I'm curious as to whether the OP's card bears his or her number or if it is simply blank. I applied for mine nearly 10 years ago (it was originally a CO OnePass card) but I'm fairly certain that I had to provide my MP number on the application.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.