FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Who is Trans American Airlines? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1496832-who-trans-american-airlines.html)

zoegksf Aug 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Who is Trans American Airlines?

Is it TransAmerica Airlines? Looking at flights from EWR to LIM and this popped up:

Flight: UA7459
Operated by TRANS AMERICAN AIRLINES.
Aircraft: Airbus A330
Fare Class: Economy (Y)
Meal: Lunch
No Special Meal Offered.
See On-Time Performance
View Seats

star_world Aug 23, 2013 3:03 pm

That's just the website using (very) outdated information. It's a flight from MIA-LIM operated by TACA (TA) www.taca.com

hmy1 Aug 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.

greg99 Aug 23, 2013 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by hmy1 (Post 21325138)
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.

Surely you can't be serious...

zoegksf Aug 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by star_world (Post 21324964)
That's just the website using (very) outdated information. It's a flight from MIA-LIM operated by TACA (TA) www.taca.com

TACA has 330's? News to me and I fly them alot. Maybe it's a combo of Avianca/TACA. I was looking forward to pretty FA's with really deep voices and Adam's Apples.

star_world Aug 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by zoegksf (Post 21325169)
TACA has 330's? News to me and I fly them alot. Maybe it's a combo of Avianca/TACA. I was looking forward to pretty FA's with really deep voices and Adam's Apples.

Correct - they have merged and the A330s came from Avianca, they may actually be operating as Avianca now overall, I haven't kept up with that merger.

leonidas Aug 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by greg99 (Post 21325156)
Surely you can't be serious...

Don't call him Shirley. He's a man!

dls25 Aug 23, 2013 3:49 pm

That is actually the legal name (not business name) of TACA Peru...

transportprof Aug 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by dls25 (Post 21325240)
That is actually the legal name (not business name) of TACA Peru...

And in Brazillian Portuguese 'Peru' means a turkey.

Tracer_SEA Feb 28, 2014 7:28 am

So to confirm, the LIM-CUZ flights with AV flight numbers that say "operated by Trans American Airlines" earn full credit per the AV chart on UA, right?

boss315 Feb 28, 2014 10:26 am

Or the CIA has taken over and its a black ops flight!

tsuarez Oct 13, 2014 12:35 pm

You'll be under the table by the time you get to LIM

Originally Posted by zoegksf (Post 21324942)
Is it TransAmerica Airlines? Looking at flights from EWR to LIM and this popped up:

Flight: UA7459
Operated by TRANS AMERICAN AIRLINES.
Aircraft: Airbus A330
Fare Class: Economy (Y)
Meal: Lunch
No Special Meal Offered.
See On-Time Performance
View Seats

At the very least, the flow of drinks does not stop , even in coach...
I'm doing a IAH-LIM with stopover in SAL (just a 1 hour stop, not that bad for a very tiny airport -just 5-6 gates as I recall). The A330 is from Avianca.

vkng Oct 13, 2014 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by tsuarez (Post 23670640)
At the very least, the flow of drinks does not stop , even in coach...
I'm doing a IAH-LIM with stopover in SAL (just a 1 hour stop, not that bad for a very tiny airport -just 5-6 gates as I recall). The A330 is from Avianca.

SAL is great for connecting. There are 15-20 gates or so in only one terminal and no security nor immigration/customs as it is only an international airport. Decent shops and food as well. If you're on time 1 hour is more than enough.

IIRC with the TACA/Avianca merger they are planning on expanding SAL as a hub so there will be more *A destinations to South America to come, which will be great to have UA, CM, and AV to choose from.

UA_Flyer Jan 22, 2017 9:28 am

Looking to fly from Lima to Cusco, and saw TACA operated by Trans American Airlines.

Can anyone share experience in terms of whether it offers Star Alliance benefits (through TACA) and mileage earning opportunity for UA M+ members?

tomwro Oct 13, 2018 3:17 am

*A Gold benefits in TACA? I think, yes.

Read old article:
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...star-alliance/