Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Up to Double Miles on NRT-SEA roundtrips through 30-Nov-2013 [TB9M55]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum

Just received this from UA. Appears to be untargeted.
Interestingly, ANA goes all the way down to S fares for 50% bonus, while UA tickets have to be bought in Q or higher. Perversely this encourages traveling ANA over UA this fall...

Promotion code is TB9M55

Earn up to 100% bonus award miles when you travel to the U.S. with United.

Travel in comfort with United® or our Star Alliance™ member airline All Nippon Airways and earn up to 100% MileagePlus® bonus award miles between Tokyo Narita (NRT) and Seattle (SEA).

Earn 100% bonus award miles in United Global FirstSM, United BusinessFirst®, United Economy®, ANA Business Class or ANA Premium Economy.*

Or earn 50% bonus award miles in United Economy or ANA discounted Economy.*

Simply register, book and complete travel by November 30, 2013.

Offer Terms and conditions:
*United operated flights: MileagePlus members can earn 100% MileagePlus bonus award miles on nonstop roundtrip flights between Tokyo, Narita and Seattle in United Global First, United BusinessFirst and select United Economy fares (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B & M), or 50% bonus award miles in discounted United Economy fares (E, U, H & Q).

ANA operated flights: MileagePlus members can earn 100% MileagePlus bonus award miles in ANA Business Class or Premium Economy fares (F, A, J, C, D, Z, E, Y, B & M ), or 50% bonus award miles in discounted Economy fares (U, H, Q, V, W, & S).

Offer is valid on tickets purchased between August 16, 2013, and November 30, 2013, for travel between September 1, 2013, and November 30, 2013. Registration required before travel.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA-Gold SPG-Gold Avis-First
Thanks for posting this...I was thinking of making a trip home in Oct. I did not get the email (maybe it was targeted?), but tried to register and UA gave me the following error:

! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

This offer cannot be registered as it is not valid offer for selected country

UPDATE: Went to UA's website and I was able to register using their link.

Last edited by bexpat; Aug 21, 2013 at 6:19 pm
Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
Appears to be for residents of Japan only...
Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by dmbfan222
Appears to be for residents of Japan only...
Well, at least not the United States:

This offer cannot be registered as it is not valid offer for selected country
Even the phrasing of that error message suggests the offer is not available to US residents.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP (LT Pt)
I got it on Friday as a U.S. resident, though my promotion code was TB9M50. Otherwise the text was the same.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
If the promo codes don't work for you, it should be available directly on this page:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...s/default.aspx
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Good question is why UA is struggling to get business out of SEA, while DL is going gung ho with new routes just announced to ICN and HKG.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by 5khours
Good question is why UA is struggling to get business out of SEA, while DL is going gung ho with new routes just announced to ICN and HKG.
Ummm... SFO maybe?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Originally Posted by 5khours
What leads you to believe that UA is "struggling to get business out of SEA?" An airline not building out its third full-blown international gateway hub on the west coast hardly seems to be good evidence of a "struggle to get business."
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Shigernafy
I got it on Friday as a U.S. resident, though my promotion code was TB9M50. Otherwise the text was the same.
My registration for that one was accepted, available from the promos page in the link posted above.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Originally Posted by drewguy
My registration for that one was accepted, available from the promos page in the link posted above.
My registration was also accepted from the link above (I am a U.S. resident).
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
i'm planning an asia trip and thinking of buying an GPU-eligible fare. just noticed that this offer excludes GPU-eligible V and W fare classes on UA metal. arg..
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I can't register for TB9M55 because it says I'm not in the right country.

When I try to register for TB9M50 I get nothing back but the same registration page with no confirmation that I'm registered and no error that I'm not registered.

.Bomb strikes again. And this is frustrating as I wasn't aware of this offer until today and tomrw I'm likely to book SEA-NRT-xxx flights which would make this bonus sweet.

-RM
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I can't register for TB9M55 because it says I'm not in the right country.

When I try to register for TB9M50 I get nothing back but the same registration page with no confirmation that I'm registered and no error that I'm not registered.

.Bomb strikes again. And this is frustrating as I wasn't aware of this offer until today and tomrw I'm likely to book SEA-NRT-xxx flights which would make this bonus sweet.

-RM
try registering again. for TB9M50, when i do it again, i get:

Already Registered
MileagePlus account XXX is already registered for this offer (TB9M50).
Registration Date: YYY
Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Interestingly I just got an email from United about this campaign a couple days ago. I live in the US and it took me here:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...omoCode=TB9M50
where I registered successfully.
Unfortunately I booked a flight before I was aware of this in K class which is ineligible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.