Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discount on a new Mercedes-Benz for Premier members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount on a new Mercedes-Benz for Premier members

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: 1k
Isn't the MSRP on those less than $40,000?.
I think I have seen them for around $37,000.

But, you did get $475 worth of miles.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
Originally Posted by griftsno1capper
Hi Everyone,

There was far too much speculation on this so I'm going to give you the straight on it.

I purchased a 2015 GLK350 that stickered near 49k for a lot cheaper than I could negotiate on my own. You can configure it yourself: I got the Multimedia package (320), Convenience Package 1 (P01), Heated Front Seats (873) and Keyless Go (889).

Here is what Truecar says:Estimated Savings off MSRP: $1,791

Well, I can tell you I purchased it for 43,898.00 (not including tax and title fees) and I'm getting 25k UA miles. I couldn't beat the deal!

So, when it is all said and done, it saved me a lot of money, hassle and gave me 25k miles.

Let me know if you have any questions...
Invoice for that is around 46k. In 2013 I bought a basic GLK with just heated front seats and MP3 player for under 38k with Fleet. (You're in the same area as I am so prices should be apples to apples.) Do you know how much the discount was for MP? Trying to figure out which one is cheaper, using Fleet or MP, when I trade mine in next year.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I purchased a 2015 GLK350 that stickered near 49k
Quoting sticker is like valuing a flight at the full Y fare.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by miasmal
Invoice for that is around 46k. In 2013 I bought a basic GLK with just heated front seats and MP3 player for under 38k with Fleet. (You're in the same area as I am so prices should be apples to apples.) Do you know how much the discount was for MP? Trying to figure out which one is cheaper, using Fleet or MP, when I trade mine in next year.
The United MP discount is the same as a fleet discount. The big bonus using MP is you get 25k miles on top of the fleet discount.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Asiatraveler15
Isn't the MSRP on those less than $40,000?.
I think I have seen them for around $37,000.

But, you did get $475 worth of miles.
No german luxury car is purchased at the sticker price.......... You can get one for less than 40k, plug in the key to start the car, have no sport upgrades, have no tire upgrades, have no garage door opener, and etc.
When buying them it's about getting the % off.

Originally Posted by miasmal
Trying to figure out which one is cheaper, using Fleet or MP, when I trade mine in next year.
If you bargain correctly, the MP discount is useless. I got 13.8% off MSRP leasing in the worst month possible (August, right before fall). Same year model, just hit the mid change. What makes you want another MB? This is my first and last with them...............
Old Apr 6, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
2015 glk350

The sticker was 48,645. Plus I got the all season mats and cargo liner, making it 48,900.

Important notes list prices:

1.) awd gasoline (diesel looks nice until you find out you have no spare and tires are $450 each and not in stock. Also, maint. costs 1000's more over 4 years eating up all costs of diesel savings).
2.) p01 - premium package $3450
3.) 320 - multimedia package $2970
4.) 873 - heated front seats $750
5.) 889 - keyless go $650

BTW, I know the GLC is coming out. We supply MB and I've been to their facilities many times in negotiations. I liked the GLK's look and its what I wanted.

I also called over 6 dealers, $2500 off for the UA deal. In the end I got as much off as my supplier discount (which is better than the fleet only discount) plus 25k miles.

Last edited by griftsno1capper; Apr 6, 2015 at 8:21 am Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:52 am

I hope you did a lease so you could switch to the newer model when you're comfortable
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:16 am

Leasing isn't for me

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I hope you did a lease so you could switch to the newer model when you're comfortable
Thanks for the input, I'm comfortable ;-) But really, it is a good deal, you don't know what they gave me for my trade in on top of the discounts.

If I see your posts, I get the impression you don't like MB and you likely had a less than stellar experience. I've had those with Lexus and others so I know the feeling when you are let down.

Last edited by griftsno1capper; Apr 6, 2015 at 11:23 am
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:36 pm

Thanks for the input, I'm comfortable ;-) But really, it is a good deal, you don't know what they gave me for my trade in on top of the discounts.

If I see your posts, I get the impression you don't like MB and you likely had a less than stellar experience. I've had those with Lexus and others so I know the feeling when you are let down.
It's actually the car and service I don't like about MB.

It's a great look but it's driving feel isn't as great as its competitors.
Audi's the best IMO but there interiors are like fords.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
It's actually the car and service I don't like about MB.

It's a great look but it's driving feel isn't as great as its competitors.
Audi's the best IMO but there interiors are like fords.
Our company leases Audi's in Germany for Directors and Sales. They drive great, they also "seem" to break down a lot. I only know because I have the most employees that work for me in Germany on company lease cars so I see the repair bills which are almost always covered under warranty.

Still, if an Audi dealer was close to me I'd definitely consider one, I love the A4's I rent in Europe.

Last edited by griftsno1capper; Apr 7, 2015 at 8:48 am
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by JDS747
The United MP discount is the same as a fleet discount. The big bonus using MP is you get 25k miles on top of the fleet discount.
25k or 250 USD - thats about one oil change at the MB dealer - or maybe just a windshield cleaning

We changed to Volvo for our fleet last year - last time we bought BMW in 2009 and they gave them away due to recession. We bought three demos at 1/2 MSRP.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Platinum
UA-Mercedes Benz Bonus Award Miles

New to the Forum. Last spring, I purchased a CPO Mercedes-Benz to take advantage of the UA/Mercedes-Benz Bonus Award Miles offer. They are offering 25,000 UA miles for purchasing a CPO Mercedes and 50,000 miles for purchasing a new Mercedes.

My experience with this promotion was less than satisfactory. Although I purchased my CPO Benz in May and the dealership submitted the paperwork to Mileage Plus, I didn't receive the bonus award miles until October. I had to repeatedly contact the Mileage Plus customer service office for help, and for months was told my miles would be credited within a few days. But they never showed up in my account.

Finally, I posted a negative review on UA's Facebook page, and got a response immediately from their social media staff. They offered to help resolve the situation and that did the trick. Within a few days, the 25,000 bonus award miles were deposited in my account. It took more than six months after the purchase of my Mercedes-Benz for the miles to show up in my UA Mileage Plus account.

YMMV
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:00 am

I'm bumping this very old thread to see if anyone has recent experience with this program. We have been negotiating on a GLC300, and have agreed a price over the phone with a dealer but haven't signed any paperwork. After agreeing the price I found the United deal. It looks like the money comes from MB, so it wouldn't cost the dealership anything. I mentioned "hey, there's a United offer" and the guy said "we've already applied everything we can to get you this deal", but he never asked if we were United members. Can we add that on to the deal we have already agreed? We were able to log in and get a certificate printed for a discount of $1750 plus 25,000 miles.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Suzzin
I'm bumping this very old thread to see if anyone has recent experience with this program. We have been negotiating on a GLC300, and have agreed a price over the phone with a dealer but haven't signed any paperwork. After agreeing the price I found the United deal. It looks like the money comes from MB, so it wouldn't cost the dealership anything. I mentioned "hey, there's a United offer" and the guy said "we've already applied everything we can to get you this deal", but he never asked if we were United members. Can we add that on to the deal we have already agreed? We were able to log in and get a certificate printed for a discount of $1750 plus 25,000 miles.
Best thing to do would be to try to read the fine print on the certificate.

Next best thing would be to see if the dealer will take it but waive the $1750 discount so that you get 25,000 miles. They might do that if the 25,000 miles doesn't cost them anything.

How about European Delivery?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by Suzzin
Find another dealer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.