Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chart showing FF miles needed to upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Chart showing FF miles needed to upgrade

I've been searching all over the UAL website, logged in with my mileage plus account and not logged in, and I can't find this. Did they remove it? I'm planning a trip next year and can only afford Economy, but want to know how many miles I need to upgrade to business/first. I could swear I've seen a chart like that in the past. Any links?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:55 am

http://bit.ly/14ulIMa
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the slightly snarky but super quick and helpful response.

(Even though I should have done a google search as you show, I don't think I can really be blamed for trying to search on UAL.com. Another example of companies who make you run a gauntlet to find information that should be up front and center on their own website. That way you know the data is correct, unlike google searches where you have to figure out which of the 10,000 hits are correct and current.)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jcwoman

(Even though I should have done a google search as you show, I don't think I can really be blamed for trying to search on UAL.com. Another example of companies who make you run a gauntlet to find information that should be up front and center on their own website. That way you know the data is correct, unlike google searches where you have to figure out which of the 10,000 hits are correct and current.)
I've seen "The Gauntlet". This is not one of those scenarios. As for upfront/center - the whole point of united.com's front page is for flight bookings.

Navigation:

United.com - MileagePlus - Upgrades Overview - MileagePlus Upgrade Awards - Travel Award Destination Charts
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:11 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
alternative method

www.united.com> MileagePlus program > Use award miles > Use miles for flights, upgrades and more > Interactive travel destinations awards chart

Will warn the posted PDF is dated June 15, 2011 and there was another chart released March 3, 2012, not sure why the older chart is still referenced.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat

This really couldn't be much easier to find than it on the UA website. The Upgrades Overview page is structured pretty well and that's one click from the home page.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:16 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by star_world
This really couldn't be much easier to find than it on the UA website. The Upgrades Overview page is structured pretty well and that's one click from the home page.
The actual info requested (needed mileage) takes at least 4 clicks
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by leonidas
Snarky, perhaps! (but how does one create a link like that - funny!)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by StingWest
Snarky, perhaps! (but how does one create a link like that - funny!)
http://bit.ly/vXtvlP
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by CKinMD
Perfect!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:30 am

.bomb gets blamed a lot (rightfully), but not this time. Perhaps time to RTFM?

Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The actual info requested (needed mileage) takes at least 4 clicks
Yes, and also:

after reviewing it again with the help from posters here, I now realize how I missed it. I actually did get to that page when I was browsing around. But I failed to notice that the actual chart was "below the fold" as they say. (I.e. I should have scrolled down, but didn't because I didn't see any page refresh or other indication that choosing origin and destination had done something.)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by leonidas
leonidas: You just made my day. I think this is a strategy I'm going to need to employ for lots of poorly researched questions from students/colleagues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.