FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Chart showing FF miles needed to upgrade (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1495414-chart-showing-ff-miles-needed-upgrade.html)

jcwoman Aug 19, 2013 8:52 am

Chart showing FF miles needed to upgrade

I've been searching all over the UAL website, logged in with my mileage plus account and not logged in, and I can't find this. Did they remove it? I'm planning a trip next year and can only afford Economy, but want to know how many miles I need to upgrade to business/first. I could swear I've seen a chart like that in the past. Any links?

leonidas Aug 19, 2013 8:55 am

http://bit.ly/14ulIMa

jcwoman Aug 19, 2013 9:00 am

Thanks for the slightly snarky but super quick and helpful response.

(Even though I should have done a google search as you show, I don't think I can really be blamed for trying to search on UAL.com. Another example of companies who make you run a gauntlet to find information that should be up front and center on their own website. That way you know the data is correct, unlike google searches where you have to figure out which of the 10,000 hits are correct and current.)

aacharya Aug 19, 2013 9:06 am

Originally Posted by jcwoman (Post 21298027)

(Even though I should have done a google search as you show, I don't think I can really be blamed for trying to search on UAL.com. Another example of companies who make you run a gauntlet to find information that should be up front and center on their own website. That way you know the data is correct, unlike google searches where you have to figure out which of the 10,000 hits are correct and current.)

I've seen "The Gauntlet". This is not one of those scenarios. As for upfront/center - the whole point of united.com's front page is for flight bookings.

Navigation:

United.com - MileagePlus - Upgrades Overview - MileagePlus Upgrade Awards - Travel Award Destination Charts

WineCountryUA Aug 19, 2013 9:11 am

alternative method

www.united.com> MileagePlus program > Use award miles > Use miles for flights, upgrades and more > Interactive travel destinations awards chart

Will warn the posted PDF is dated June 15, 2011 and there was another chart released March 3, 2012, not sure why the older chart is still referenced.

star_world Aug 19, 2013 9:12 am

This really couldn't be much easier to find than it on the UA website. The Upgrades Overview page is structured pretty well and that's one click from the home page.

WineCountryUA Aug 19, 2013 9:16 am

Originally Posted by star_world (Post 21298100)
This really couldn't be much easier to find than it on the UA website. The Upgrades Overview page is structured pretty well and that's one click from the home page.

The actual info requested (needed mileage) takes at least 4 clicks

StingWest Aug 19, 2013 9:21 am

Originally Posted by leonidas (Post 21298000)

Snarky, perhaps! (but how does one create a link like that - funny!)

CKinMD Aug 19, 2013 9:28 am

Originally Posted by StingWest (Post 21298144)
Snarky, perhaps! (but how does one create a link like that - funny!)

http://bit.ly/vXtvlP

StingWest Aug 19, 2013 9:35 am

Originally Posted by CKinMD (Post 21298187)

Perfect! :)

malgudi Aug 19, 2013 10:30 am

.bomb gets blamed a lot (rightfully), but not this time. Perhaps time to RTFM? :D

jcwoman Aug 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 21298121)
The actual info requested (needed mileage) takes at least 4 clicks

Yes, and also:

after reviewing it again with the help from posters here, I now realize how I missed it. I actually did get to that page when I was browsing around. But I failed to notice that the actual chart was "below the fold" as they say. (I.e. I should have scrolled down, but didn't because I didn't see any page refresh or other indication that choosing origin and destination had done something.)

astroflyer Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by leonidas (Post 21298000)

leonidas: You just made my day. I think this is a strategy I'm going to need to employ for lots of poorly researched questions from students/colleagues.