Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Paid Lounge Membership Customers
As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.

*Not applicable at SQ SilverKris Lounge (Business Class) in Singapore, AC Signature Suite and UA Polaris Lounges
UC Members do not get access to the Star Alliance lounges located in Buenos Aires (EZE), Los Angeles (LAX), Nagoya (NGO), Paris (CDG), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Rome (FCO), Amsterdam (AMS) and Sao Paulo (GRU). (Appears access is now permitting -- since 2020??)

Family access is not valid for partner lounges

Physical members card is required for entry (appears UA is saying virtual, app card is sufficient for *A lounges)

Lounge Information - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Search using
United Club for Paid Membership under the dropdown list, for airport specific lounges that gives you access.

What if I am also a *G?
You can enter a partner lounge as *G (Star Alliance Gold) or as a UC Member but not as both. You will be limited to +1 guest even if *G and also UC/ML membership, Benefits do not stack.
In the case of those partners with a *G lounge and a Business lounge (Such as LH), your *G status will get you into the better *G lounge while the UC membership provides access to just the Business Lounge.

List of partner related lounges accessible via the club card

USA Lounges with UA *G Access When Flying Domestic
Does United Club Membership Give Access to * Gold Lounges in the USA?

Print Wikipost

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by COIAHLGW
There will be people with UC access who own either a MileagePlus Club or Presidential Plus credit card... including me
Or lifetime memberships...
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:52 pm

I have UA Club card. On paper, the card allows 1 guest & any # of dependent kids into UA Club, but only 1 guest into other Star carriers' biz lounges.

Flying EVA from YVR to HKG via TPE. Hoping to use MLL in YVR, EVA's biz lounge in TPE. We're 2 adults, 2 kids (card's in my name).

Questions:
1). Anyone with UA Club card have luck with being allowed 1 guest adult + kids into a non-UA * lounge?
2). Is it possible for me to wait outside and instead let my wife go in with one of my kids?
3). If so, then will they frown upon us splitting up into pairs, and then taking turns going in one after the other?

Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:02 pm

AC MLL extra guest?

I know UC member can take one guest with him for free into AC ML lounges. Anyone know if possible to pay for a 2nd guest? The AC website indicates it is possible with fee, but I am not sure those apply to MLL member only or for any eligible entry
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Can a United Club member access the NRT ANA lounge?

I have conflicting info:

a: "6. Star Alliance Member Carriers' Paid Lounge Membership customers on ANA and/or Star Alliance member carrier operated flights and one accompanying guest per customer."
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_c...ail.html?c=nrt
Lounge Operating Hours
Satellite No. 4: 7:00 AM - Departure Time of Last Flight
Satellite No. 5: 6:30 AM - Departure Time of Last Flight

b. I went to the StarAlliance site, only got United Club:
http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder
LOUNGE OPTIONS

United Club
Terminal 1, Satellite 3

I remember that Satellite 3 4 5 are connected and people can walk from one to another.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes UC members can access either of the ANA international lounges at NRT so long as they have a *A departure.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes UC members can access either of the ANA international lounges at NRT so long as they have a *A departure.
Thanks, I am connecting NH and UA flights in NRT.
And I prefer almost any lounges over UCs.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:25 pm

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
The ANA lounge at NRT is much nicer than the UC. Fewer people and MUCH better food. I use this lounge frequently when flying through NRT, I'll be there on Monday afternoon on my way to ICN.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee

Are you sure? MP members Gold or higher can access the NH lounge. But UC members w/o status?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Are you sure? MP members Gold or higher can access the NH lounge. But UC members w/o status?
Yes, so long as departing on a *A flight from that airport that day.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Didn't know that. Appreciate the education.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
Yep, full statement from *A Lounge Access Policy
Paid Lounge Membership Customers
As an eligible holder of Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline Business Class Lounge2. Eligible paid memberships include United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide. You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport together with your valid eligible paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest.
2 Except in Singapore where the Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold Lounge is available.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:12 pm

To some extent.

Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
The ANA lounge at NRT is much nicer than the UC. Fewer people and MUCH better food. I use this lounge frequently when flying through NRT, I'll be there on Monday afternoon on my way to ICN.
I just came back from NRT. The ANA lounge on the second floor S3 is very crowed, almost as crowed as the United Club in SFO. We all know that SFO United Club is a real shame by any measure.

The food and rice wine in ANA lounge are very good. Strangely, the United club in NRT is much nicer than any United Clubs in USA.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: LH Senator, Amex Centurion, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, Delta Platinum,
United Mileage Credit Card

Does the United Mileage Credit Card allow access to Lufthansa lounges?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The Chase United Club Card grants access to all Star Alliance Business Class lounges (via your UC membership).

The MileagePlus Explorer Card one-time passes are valid at United Clubs only.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
The Chase United Club Card grants access to all Star Alliance Business Class lounges (via your UC membership).
Yes, so long as you are departing that airport on a *A flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.