Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Lounge Access Policy - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Paid Lounge Membership Customers
As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.

*Not applicable at SQ SilverKris Lounge (Business Class) in Singapore, AC Signature Suite and UA Polaris Lounges
UC Members do not get access to the Star Alliance lounges located in Buenos Aires (EZE), Los Angeles (LAX), Nagoya (NGO), Paris (CDG), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Rome (FCO), Amsterdam (AMS) and Sao Paulo (GRU). (Appears access is now permitting -- since 2020??)

Family access is not valid for partner lounges

Physical members card is required for entry (appears UA is saying virtual, app card is sufficient for *A lounges)

Lounge Information - Star Alliance - Star Alliance
Search using
United Club for Paid Membership under the dropdown list, for airport specific lounges that gives you access.

What if I am also a *G?
You can enter a partner lounge as *G (Star Alliance Gold) or as a UC Member but not as both. You will be limited to +1 guest even if *G and also UC/ML membership, Benefits do not stack.
In the case of those partners with a *G lounge and a Business lounge (Such as LH), your *G status will get you into the better *G lounge while the UC membership provides access to just the Business Lounge.

List of partner related lounges accessible via the club card

USA Lounges with UA *G Access When Flying Domestic
Does United Club Membership Give Access to * Gold Lounges in the USA?

Print Wikipost

Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2021, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
That is exactly why I bought my United Club membership, because I correctly anticipated earning Star Alliance (*A) Gold (*G) during fewer than five years, so far.

Using the *A Lounge-Finder link at Post # 270, it indicates that the *A Lounge at LAX TBIT (Tom Bradley Int'l Terminal) is indeed open to United Club members. 🙂

Perhaps good reason for me to connect at LAX vice SFO when visiting the U.S. mainland.
Another good reason is that the Star Alliance lounge at TBIT has better food than LAX's T7 UC.

FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX - TBIT Star Alliance Lounges open now ?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:13 am
dr

Question about Access to maple leaf lounges

wonder if anyone can help w non us access for a lowly *A Silver (but I am a UC lounge member via credit card):
Travelling thru Montreal w a 4 hr layover to LIS on a non biz ticket and don’t know if I will have to pay for access @ YUL
same question for YYZ on return
Sadly, Covid has taken away any status I might have had
Prolly won’t regain till next year.
Do I have to pay to get into AC lounges on a Premier+ level revenue ticket?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 24, 2021 at 5:20 pm Reason: Moved to best thread
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dr
US lounges very helpful.
wonder if anyone can help w non us access for a lowly *A Silver (but I am a UC lounge member via credit card):
Travelling thru Montreal w a 4 hr layover to LIS on a non biz ticket and don’t know if I will have to pay for access @ YUL
You UC access provides access to AC ML lounges
Old Oct 28, 2021, 6:15 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dr
Originally Posted by cfischer
You UC access provides access to AC ML lounges
That's correct. Just provide the digital UC card on your wallet along with your AC BP and you'll get in.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
LAX Lounge access Star Alliance - flying Intl BUSINESS on Avianca - CAN I USE

Flying Avianca on an international J ticket (LAX-BOG), and I am Premier Silver w/United, AND i have United Club membership

Can i access the Star Alliance Lounge at Tom Bradley LAX?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Yes, based on the J ticket or your UC membership. Silver means nothing in this instance.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
thank you!

I actually thought perhaps just the United Club membership was the only key
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:22 pm

If you really had lots of time, with your J class ticket, you can access the Air Canada lounge in T6 and the United Club in T7 as well.
caseminole likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:38 pm

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
As a Club member, what lounge access do I have in the Turkish lounge?

I am a united silver member but with paid lounge access. I am flying with a family of 5 (three minors). In MIA the lounge is a Turkish airlines one. What access would I have?

Thank you
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
From the Star Alliance site

Paid Lounge Membership Customers

As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.

*Not applicable at SQ SilverKris Lounge (Business Class) in Singapore, AC Signature Suite and UA Polaris Lounges
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
So, as a Plat, flying SFO-Toronto-CPH in Business, on an award, all AC metal, do I get access to the AC Signature Suite? Sounds like it is trying to compare to the Polaris Lounge?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
So, as a Plat, flying SFO-Toronto-CPH in Business, on an award, all AC metal, do I get access to the AC Signature Suite? Sounds like it is trying to compare to the Polaris Lounge?
Depends which type of award
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ure-suite.html

Elevate your preboarding experience with the Air Canada Signature Suite, designed exclusively for our Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling to Europe, Asia and South America on an Air Canada flight booked in J, C, D, Z, P booking classes. Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on Aeroplan flight rewards are eligible for access when booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole
thank you!

I actually thought perhaps just the United Club membership was the only key
at lax *A lounge.

Intl J gives you +0 guests

UC club membership would give you +1 guest (must be departing with a star alliance flight at same airport)
lamphs and caseminole like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
The Signature Lounge is closed indefinitely - so it also depends on when you're traveling, aside from the ticket booking class that you have. I don't believe a UA award ticket will get you in regardless unless it has the same booking code as a full-mile flexible AC award.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA awards don't get you access to the lounge should it re-open. At least it did not prior to the pandemic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.