Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Downgraded? What happened to my (companion) upgrade today?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgraded? What happened to my (companion) upgrade today?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by owie69
I questioned what happened and the gate agent claimed that she had been calling my name for 20 minutes. I as standing right there and since when are upgrades "must be present to win"? Filled out the form, and Customer Care provided some compensation.
I always wondered about the this.
Do you really need to be present to "win"? I've had times where they called my name and given me an upgrade. I've had other times where I just refreshed the BP on my phone and never encountered the agent. This was usually when I had a connection so did not spend much time at the gate.

Last edited by eng3; Aug 7, 2013 at 8:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.