Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] - Duplicated / double / impossible reservations -- What will UA do?

Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Rule 5 Cancellation of Reservations
  • In addition to exercising any of its remedies in Rule 6 K) below, UA reserves the right to cancel bookings and/or reservations which it deems fraudulent, abusive, illogical, fictitious, which are booked and/or reserved with no intention of flying, or for which the passenger makes a misrepresentation without notice to the passenger or the individual making the booking. The types of improper reservations that UA will cancel without notice include, but are not limited to: reservations made without having been requested by or on behalf of the named passenger; reservations made to hold or block seats for the purpose of obtaining lower fares, MP award inventory, travel certificates, or upgrades that may not otherwise be available; reservations made to manipulate, abuse, or circumvent any of UAs fare rules, policies or provisions; reservations made for the same passenger on flights traveling on or about the same date between one or more of the same or nearby origin or destination cities; and reservations with connections that depart before the arrival on the inbound flight.
Archive thread: Duplicated / double / impossible reservations -- What will UA do? {Archive}

Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] - Duplicated / double / impossible reservations -- What will UA do?

Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by OtherGuy
I twice have booked separate one-way flights for the same day when I'm not sure when I will finish my work. So I'll book a noon flight and a 5 PM flight, and I've noticed United will randomly cancel one of them. ...
Yep, you are in volition of the Carriage of Contract for UA
UA reserves the right to cancel bookings and/or reservations which it deems fraudulent, abusive, illogical, fictitious, which are booked and/or reserved with no intention of flying, or for which the passenger makes a misrepresentation without notice to the passenger or the individual making the booking.
UA has become increasingly strict about this. UA feels this is depriving the opportunity to sell more tickets.

Originally Posted by OtherGuy
Is there a way to get them to stop doing this?
Consider using SDC instead or using a different carrier for the other flight.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 13, 2024 at 11:20 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.