Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Which is better: UA vs ANA vs Singapore TransPac in Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is better: UA vs ANA vs Singapore TransPac in Y

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travelling365
Could someone explain what the potentially huge differences would be? I plan on booking on UA.com, and my flight options are one of the two. Flight numbers are as listed on the UA site

1) SFO -> ICN (K, UA893) -> DPS (W, OZ763) // HKG -> NRT (K, UA7988) -> SJC (K, UA7923)
2) SFO -> ICN (K, UA893) -> DPS (W, OZ763) // HKG -> NRT K, UA7988) -> SFO (K, UA838)

I don't fully understand the ins and outs of what defines ticket stock so I appreciate all the help.
My understanding is that if UA (016) ticket crediting to MileagePlus, you are under the $ based earning no matter what (carrier, code). So, I think the only difference between them would be the fare difference.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by username
My understanding is that if UA (016) ticket crediting to MileagePlus, you are under the $ based earning no matter what (carrier, code). So, I think the only difference between them would be the fare difference.
If using a 016 ticket, it becomes a fareXmultiplier issue - if using a NH 205 code, the earnings would be anything from no-change to downright shredded depending on the booking class selected - but anything from a high<>mid-priced coach fare on down is being shredded in terms of earnings. I don't think any other airline took such a beating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.