Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food offerings in the UA Club Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
.... and perhaps some oatmeal in the morning.

There is oatmeal in the morning, and bagels. Breakfast definitely is the best offering at domestic UC's.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by worldtrav
There is oatmeal in the morning, and bagels. Breakfast definitely is the best offering at domestic UC's.
Hot oatmeal at a UC? Never seen it.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Let's not be ridiculous. The average SEN lounge blows away the best UC.
I'm not sure I can think of a single UC that's nicer the worst SEN lounge (I'm voting for GVA the worst).

Last edited by astroflyer; Jul 28, 2014 at 12:11 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by astroflyer
I'm not sure I can think of a single UC that's nicer the worst SEN lounge (I'm voting for GVA).
I like the HKG UC better than the IAD Senator Lounge, but that has more to do with the openness and architecture of the HKG Terminal itself than anything United actually did.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Hot oatmeal at a UC Never seen it.
The ORD clubs (at least the one in C and the one by the low B gates) have had it for a number of months now. Not sure I've seen it anywhere else, though.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, 1 Million Miler, AA ExPlat
I thought UA lounges were fine until I started traveling internationally. First time in a Lufthansa lounge changed my opinion immediately.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Just duplicate what they have in the LHR T2 lounge, not perfect, but job done. Every United lounge I have been in in the USA is, quite frankly, a joke when it comes to "food". I quite like the white chocolate covered raisins though, not sure who thought of that delicacy but it does.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel
I thought UA lounges were fine until I started traveling internationally. First time in a Lufthansa lounge changed my opinion immediately.
^^^^^^^^^^
This!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel
Or the first time in an Austrian lounge, an SAS lounge or for that matter, the ANA lounge in Narita.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Let's not be ridiculous. The average SEN lounge blows away the best UC.
Originally Posted by astroflyer
I'm not sure I can think of a single UC that's nicer the worst SEN lounge (I'm voting for GVA).
No it doesn't, been to SEN lounge in FRA, MUC, IAD, DTW, none of them blows away HKG UC !

The average SEN lounge blows away any UC in the US, but not in HKG ! I will only give you to that if you count some of the SEN lounge have a smoking section though.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
How about comparing to ANA lounge at Haneda

Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
Or the first time in an Austrian lounge, an SAS lounge or for that matter, the ANA lounge in Narita.
As far as foods are concerned, any UC is better than ANA club at ANA Haneda domestic terminal. There were almost nothing there.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:19 pm

The SEN lounge in Geneva? Really? Where you have to have a European cell phone to get WiFi, and there are no bathrooms in the lounge?

I stopped going in there.

I think that nicer bathrooms are a key part of a good lounge. The Senator Lounge at Tegel is nice, but the bathroom isn't. The "C" concourse Dan Lounge in Tel Aviv is totally fine, but the bathrooms aren't.

The United Clubs are fine as long as your expectations are in line. I've spent so much time in them, that I just know where I'll be most comfortable.

For whatever quirk of history, domestic lounges by US carriers just aren't so nice. But there are a few gems: I still love the showers at the C concourse at O'Hare, Houston E, and Newark C3. That's a really nice amenity, and not one to overlook so fast.

And United has at least put an espresso machine in Newark C3, and they still have the juice machine at SFO. I guess it's the little treats that matter.

Yes, I'd love to see the catering once offered by overseas lounges, but the American carriers offer what the market will bear. Bummer.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by Mats
For whatever quirk of history, domestic lounges by US carriers just aren't so nice.
Comparing US carrier lounges and international carrier lounges is like comparing apples and oranges. US lounges are buy-in membership lounges. Entry into the European and Asia lounges is based on FF status. Different business models with different purposes.

SunLover
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe I am missing the signs but I have never been to a domestic UA "lounge". I have entered a few United Club "spaces" where UA charges a fee to sit in a nicer chair - nothing else is better than outside frankly IMO and the last one I entered (SFO) I immediately left laughing at that "space" where like all United Clubs in US a fee is charged for a nicer chair and free crackers (was travelling to SYD to allowed entry as an international pax).

However, I do understand with the current financial state of UA that most likely it is not financially feasible to provide food and alcohol free to entrants.

I do enjoy the LH Senator lounge in JFK where I can get nice hot food and I am not asked if I have a membership on entering but instead the employees know to check the BP for eligibility to enter. The best lounge I have ever entered has to be Turkish Airlines *A Lounge in Istanbul. All I can say is WOW! Love it each time I fly through there.

I will be trying the new UA LHR lounge next month and hope that it lives up to all the hype I have been reading about on here.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Mats
The SEN lounge in Geneva? Really? Where you have to have a European cell phone to get WiFi, and there are no bathrooms in the lounge?
Sorry...I wasn't clear. I meant that the SEN lounge in Geneva gets my vote for the worst Senator lounge I've been to. It's noticeably worse in terms of food, restrooms, etc, than most of them. I did get WiFi successfully though...they had been handing out log-in codes...it's just the airport Wi-Fi that requires the European cell phone (annoying right!)

I haven't been to the UC in Hong Kong, but it sounds like it's nice. My one lounge experience in HKG was the CX F lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.